****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

Kritscd11

Sep 6, 2017
No he is not going to start/play meaningful minutes day 1, and he definitely needs to develop his body. But I can bet you if Illinois has mentioned red-shirting to him, that is a negative for you guys. Redshirts are very uncommon at P5 high major schools these days, and i'd be shocked if he were okay with that, is all I am saying.
Gotya. Yeah I agree with what you said. It can be a deterrent, but sometimes you got to tell kids the truth, even in recruiting haha.

Kritscd11

Sep 6, 2017
I hope Collins leaves Northwestern ASAP. Working in the North Shore, I get to deal with their fans a lot. Before last year they didn't know they had a basketball team, now after making the Tourney for the first time, they are apparently the next Duke.
Yeah, they're pretty funny. It's cute.

Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I guess all I can say to this congrats. Northwestern has reached their peak. They ain't going any higher.

I think they are in really good shape with Collins and you guys haven't made the tournament since 2013 so I think you're being plenty optimistic IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Not that they'll be bad, but that the best they will ever be is middle of the pack, maybe a tournament appearance, etc
So you really think they won't be any better than they were last year, with they players they had, in 2 years with their best recruiting class and highest rated recruit all going to be on campus?

Last edited:

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
If I was going to start paying attention to college basketball in the state of Illinois I'd be jumping on that Northwestern bandwagon. Good coach, likeable story, all of the momentum and for the simple fact that I've been in Champagne a couple times in recent years to do some recruiting - it's not exactly a town or campus I believe is trending in the right direction.

Kritscd11

Sep 6, 2017
Sorry for the Illini stuff. Back to 18 recruits for ISU. I'd answer those questions but don't want to keep thread going about that. Go Clones