****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I think most think THT is more highly regarded simply based on the offers and ratings. Since nobody on here is a professional scout, it's about all we can go on outside of some random highlight tapes.

Not to bring back an overused CF saying, but I'll trust Prohm until he gives me reason not to.

I resent (resemble?) that remark...as while true, it ignores that fact I play one on a popular internet fan page!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
What does trusting Prohm have to do with who is the more highly regarded recuit?

You're trying to read too much into what I said. Casey questioned who was more highly regarded, not rated. I just think it's possible Prohm sees equal value for both based on what he wants, and I trust his evaluation process.

Reactions: isu83

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
So do most on here feel that THT is a higher regarded recruit Haliburton? Seems like Griffin is having an impact on this a little which could be a could thing.

Not sure if really matters as they would play different roles on the team. Haliburton as a PG/SG combo and THT is a SF/PF.
THT is much more polished thus higher rated and has early major offers. Haliburton had a late growth jump and recently started to get major college attention. It will take
Tyrese a little time to fully refine his shot to really contribute. THT (like Griffen) has the size to get minutes day one has a pretty good handle for his size and age too. IMO

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
You're trying to read too much into what I said. Casey questioned who was more highly regarded, not rated. I just think it's possible Prohm sees equal value for both based on what he wants, and I trust his evaluation process.

Exactly, I know the 4 stars, 3 stars. Seems like with all the competition out there better lock in who you can and hope they own up to their commitment.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
No fans probably know the answers to some of these questions. My guess we take "who we can get". (Not that it doesn't mean they're quality recruits of course)

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
So let's say the pundits on 247 know what they're predicting and Harris and Conditt both commit to the good guys. That looks like a hell of a class to me when you add in Shayok and Jacobson. Legit post, another big, 3 wings and a true point guard. I love recruiting predominantly freshmen

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
So let's say the pundits on 247 know what they're predicting and Harris and Conditt both commit to the good guys. That looks like a hell of a class to me when you add in Shayok and Jacobson. Legit post, another big, 3 wings and a true point guard. I love recruiting predominantly freshmen

I do too. Not necessarily because taking transfers isn't effective (it is), but because it seems like transfers are here and gone before you know it. There's just something extra special about watching guys like Monte, Matt, Naz, Melvin and Georges go from freshmen to seniors with how much they grow as people and as players.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Apparently the pundits on 247, as you call them, don't... considering all the 'probably not Harris' speculation now.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I like a mix of transfers and freshman. If u can get a high level transfer. You take em. Same with freshman. I doubt we back off ThT

Reactions: SolarGarlic

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Apparently the pundits on 247, as you call them, don't... considering all the 'probably not Harris' speculation now.

I haven't seen any "Probably not Harris" from anyone reputable. Am I missing something? I definitely don't think Harris and Haliburton are mutually exclusive. I certainly hope so, at least. I love Harris's game, and would love to see in in the cardinal and gold, and I think he has a chance to make a more immediate contribution than Haliburton.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I haven't seen any "Probably not Harris" from anyone reputable. Am I missing something? I definitely don't think Harris and Haliburton are mutually exclusive. I certainly hope so, at least. I love Harris's game, and would love to see in in the cardinal and gold, and I think he has a chance to make a more immediate contribution than Haliburton.

I don't disagree with you. On another thread they're talking about not counting on Harris and that Halstead's pay site is relaying something to make them think that. If I'm reading too much into that, then sorry in advance.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
The Tyler Harris situation is almost starting to remind me of the McNeill situation. (Maybe its just the fact they both retweet their own tweets and their decision might be based off AAU related things.) At this point, I don't think we should be feeling good about our chances with him anymore. I'm not moving on completely, but I'm also not expecting him to end up at Iowa State.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The Tyler Harris situation is almost starting to remind me of the McNeill situation. (Maybe its just the fact they both retweet their own tweets and their decision might be based off AAU related things.) At this point, I don't think we should be feeling good about our chances with him anymore. I'm not moving on completely, but I'm also not expecting him to end up at Iowa State.

Hopefully Harris doesn't sign with us and then bail right before summer school starts!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The news wasn't good.

Not freaking out at all, just disappointed. All I want to know, if anyone has an idea, is it because we took Halliburton? Or did we get vibes Harris wasn't choosing us first, so we put the full press on Tyrese. Maybe the 'chicken or the egg' question doesn't apply, idk.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not freaking out at all, just disappointed. All I want to know, if anyone has an idea, is it because we took Halliburton? Or did we get vibes Harris wasn't choosing us first, so we put the full press on Tyrese. Maybe the 'chicken or the egg' question doesn't apply, idk.

Why does it matter?

Honestly, if everyone already knows that Harris is out and we've started the complete freakout about it, it was known to the people that actually matter long before the new guy committed.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Why does it matter?

Honestly, if everyone already knows that Harris is out and we've started the complete freakout about it, it was known to the people that actually matter long before the new guy committed.

You know what, you're right...it doesn't matter. But for crying out loud,... this is a freaking basketball message board, where a lot of recruiting talk occurs, including scenarios, player info, coaches, our own fanatic moderators chiming in to discuss a lot of things. Why do you have to stereotype that as 'freaking out'? Guess I feel its called 'cyclone fanatic message board' for a reason.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron