****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not sure this is too exciting but Juiston named his top 9... and is still open if programs want to reach out. Not sure why this necessitated an article but it's below. It is notable that Illinois was cut, likely with the firing of Groce, as they were talking to him a lot 2 weeks ago,

"Juiston is considering Rutgers, St. Joe’s, VCU, UConn, Kansas, Iowa State, UNLV, Rhode Island and Oklahoma."

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/03/14/juco-star-shakur-juiston-eight-top-schools/

Last edited:

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Some tough competition there. Hopefully the time our coaches have put in puts us more toward the top of that list. Playing time is not an issue. A deep run over the next couple weeks could go a long way.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Some tough competition there. Hopefully the time our coaches have put in puts us more toward the top of that list. Playing time is not an issue. A deep run over the next couple weeks could go a long way.
Let's hope so!! I think he plays tomorrow night. I would think there's a stream of the game.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

A deep run with ISU beating KU also wouldn't hurt. Playing time at ISU has to be up there on his list.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
A deep run with ISU beating KU also wouldn't hurt. Playing time at ISU has to be up there on his list.
KU also doesn't have as good of a recent history of using forwards like him. Does he want to be the next Lucas/Traylor or the next White/Georges/Burton/Ejim/Nader? We love running our offense through a forward that can create.

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Geez, I don't know which offer scares me the worst.....Kansas or UNLV'$ Could be a lot$ out there for the young man.
Yeah, VCU, St. Joe's, Rutgers, and Rhode Island are all home connections. I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered hearing that he did want to possibly go closer to home. Can anyone help me out, if they remember this also?

Although, that could have been before he started getting these bigger offers in the midwest

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
KU also doesn't have as good of a recent history of using forwards like him. Does he want to be the next Lucas/Traylor or the next White/Georges/Burton/Ejim/Nader? We love running our offense through a forward that can create.

Lol, are you basically saying that Lucas and Traylor would be like White or Niang on ISU's team? No

Also, Niang, White, Ejim etc would have been good for KU as well.

• Funny
Reactions: Bryce7

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Lol, are you basically saying that Lucas and Traylor would be like White or Niang on ISU's team? No

Also, Niang, White, Ejim etc would have been good for KU as well.

He's saying KU is starting to have a track record of talented big men underachieving. I would probably not include Lucas on that as I think he's gotten a lot out of his talent. Bragg, Diallo, Alexander, Black, Traylor, Lightfoot. Especially early in their career. Embiid and Ellis would be the successful ones.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
You gotta feel like beyond Juiston with all of the coaching changes that will happen this offseason we should be in an amazing spot to pull in some pretty high rated transfers (or kids that asked out of their scholarship). While I liked some of the names we were after we could be going after bigger fish then them. Will be a really fun offseason.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yetna feels like a backup plan for Juiston, just based on Oregon St. getting crystal balls.