****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Juiston is definitely our #1 priority right now. But I really want Raynere Thornton if we can't get Juiston. Thornton reminds me a lot of Kane. This move here is textbook Burton too...
Wow, he has some mismatch ability! He looks like he can play any position. Thank you for posting this. Honestly, with how much we lose I'd love to get both and then a grad/juco transfer guard. Two play-making forwards that can create to team with Young and Lard finishing, and a backcourt that can really breakdown a defense. If there's room for more than three, grab Yenta.

Reactions: nbaldwin

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
KU also doesn't have as good of a recent history of using forwards like him. Does he want to be the next Lucas/Traylor or the next White/Georges/Burton/Ejim/Nader? We love running our offense through a forward that can create.
Perry Ellis?..Josh Jackson??..Jackson's no 2 guard. I think both Lucas and Traylor would have had better careers at Iowa State. KU always has talent and there's only so many shots in a game. Good chance to get buried on that bench also.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Never mind LOL!

Cuonzo Martin will add Michael Porter Sr as an assistant, per sources. Michael Porter Jr did not sign an NLI.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Anyone get the feeling Self agonizes over the guys we are recruiting, I know we aren't on their recruiting level but with Juiston, the guard they swept in late on a couple years ago that wasted away on their bench and I'm sure others, I truely believe Bill watches tape and says do I really want to face this kid in Hilton?

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Anyone get the feeling Self agonizes over the guys we are recruiting, I know we aren't on their recruiting level but with Juiston, the guard they swept in late on a couple years ago that wasted away on their bench and I'm sure others, I truely believe Bill watches tape and says do I really want to face this kid in Hilton?
This comes up every time we are both recruiting a guy & I really don't get it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Yeah that's not how it works

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

You only have 13 spots. This isn't the 1965 Alabama football program that will take 135 kids on scholarship so Auburn and Georgia can't have them.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yetna visiting Old Dominion. My guess is he's not near the top of our pecking order.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi