*** Official #8 Kansas vs #13 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Tell me why Rob should play this much when he's tied with Eli King and Conrad Hawley with 0.0 WS in conference this year without a ****** appeal to authority.

I have come around on TJ and love so much of what he's done, but that's a very questionable decision.
Which stat are you Cherry picking now?

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Over his back to tip the ball away(no foul call) for the turnover, and then a. Ticky tack on the other end. The fix is in.

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
The real issue I have with all the foul calls in the 2nd half are that the refs are clearly trying to clean up some of the physicality, which is fine. But the game got overly physical because they wouldn't call anything in the 1st half!

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Did he shoot 3s in HS? I didn’t follow his HS career much.
Not really, he didn't take many and wasn't very efficient - caveat is that HS stats are hard to find good numbers on.

Gotta be a big key for him over the next couple of offseasons. Doesn't need to be great there but would open up the game a lot for him.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
The real issue I have with all the foul calls in the 2nd half are that the refs are clearly trying to clean up some of the physicality, which is fine. But the game got overly physical because they wouldn't call anything in the 1st half!
Happens every game

jspeels

May 14, 2022
Just baffles me how they let them play in first half and then change to calling so much in second half. Makes absolutely no sense!

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
We are playing well, but FTs will likely keep KU in this game even if they play poorly. Frustrating.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Which stat are you Cherry picking now?
Go cherry pick one that says Rob plays well in B12 games. There's a lot more where that comes from:

4.7 PER, less than half of the next lowest amongst players who see the court. A turnover rate 4 times higher than his assist rate. Worse rebounding numbers than the other bigs. Negative offensive win shares and a far worse ORtg than anyone else that sees the court.

Again, go find something that suggests he should be playing as much as he is.

Edit: also, I'm just gonna drop it. Lets go Cyclones, kill the birds.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If I'm Self I tell Wilson to drive every single possession. Automatic foul call. Free throws. Clock stops.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
There will be a whistle every time now on defense. Book it. Gonna have to keep scoring on O.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Go cherry pick one that says Rob plays well in B12 games. There's a lot more where that comes from:

4.7 PER, less than half of the next lowest amongst players who see the court. A turnover rate 4 times higher than his assist rate. Worse rebounding numbers than the other bigs. Negative offensive win shares and a far worse ORtg than anyone else that sees the court.

Again, go find something that suggests he should be playing as much as he is.

Edit: also, I'm just gonna drop it. Lets go Cyclones, kill the birds.
15-6/6-3 Sorry, that might be 2

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron