*** Official #24 IOWA STATE VS #20 Mississippi Game(Day) Thread ***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Big win for Ole Miss tonight @ Auburn. Auburn was #20 in NET rankings as of yesterday. Ole Miss has won 3 in a row and should be favored in their next 3 before hosting Tennessee at the end of February.

Ole Miss was #35 in NET rankings before this win fwiw

Can't hurt ISU's Quad resume --- not sure which quadrant a win at Ole Miss is, currently.

Didn't Miss fall off a bit for a week or so following Big 12/SEC? Good to know it's on an upswing.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
I believe a Quad 1 win on the road is 1-75 which is ridiculous. For awhile our win at Okie State was a Quad 1 win. I believe it is why Iowa has actually dropped down after their last win. Beating Northwestern actually hurt them since they dropped below 75. I have a feeling they will change some of the parameters on the net after this season. Just like the RPI there are some real head scratchers on the NET. I think Nebraska is still top 40. That is a joke. Penn State has been hovering around 75 with a 9-15 record.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I believe a Quad 1 win on the road is 1-75 which is ridiculous. For awhile our win at Okie State was a Quad 1 win. I believe it is why Iowa has actually dropped down after their last win. Beating Northwestern actually hurt them since they dropped below 75. I have a feeling they will change some of the parameters on the net after this season. Just like the RPI there are some real head scratchers on the NET. I think Nebraska is still top 40. That is a joke. Penn State has been hovering around 75 with a 9-15 record.

I agree. Someone was saying in another thread that the quadrants are further subdivided, so our win here may be in the upper half of quadrant one. I guess the key to all of this is how they use NET, and all of the other available metrics.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Can't hurt ISU's Quad resume --- not sure which quadrant a win at Ole Miss is, currently.

Didn't Miss fall off a bit for a week or so following Big 12/SEC? Good to know it's on an upswing.

@ Ole Miss is already a Quad 1A win but this should significantly enhance Ole Miss's metrics. Even though Auburn has been pretty meh in SEC play, their NET is still good.

Reactions: cyclones500