*** Official #23 IOWA STATE VS Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I sure hope the wind dies down. Looks like it is really bad at the KU vs BU game.
Don't know if K-State has a good running game or not but feel like that situation might favor us. The Brock and Breece connection can run it pretty well and our defense has been pretty good against the run this year. Our kickers are probably screwed but I mean....

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Don't know if K-State has a good running game or not but feel like that situation might favor us. The Brock and Breece connection can run it pretty well and our defense has been pretty good against the run this year. Our kickers are probably screwed but I mean....
Look at the stats from last year. They kicked our butts on the ground until we sold out to stop it and also started blitzing.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Look at the stats from last year. They kicked our butts on the ground until we sold out to stop it and also started blitzing.

Look at the stats for this year since last year's stats are meaningless. Iowa State has the top rushing defense in the Big 12. KSU has the worst in terms of yards per carry. If this comes down to the running games, ISU has a huge advantage.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How the hell did we barely beat Kansas at home? Baylor is absolutely destroying them.

That's just kind of how it is.

A team that imo looked a lot of times about as good as I've seen at ISU...but just never quite turned to corner. Still 7 wins on that premise with being *this* close to at least 9 is pretty great and it's still exciting to see them play in two more games.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneIce

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
How the hell did we barely beat Kansas at home? Baylor is absolutely destroying them.

BU is going right at the KU weakness. 2 of their first 5 plays were deep shots over the top with the wind at their back. First run was a pitch to the right where the guy got outside with ease. I remember when ISU would run that play....

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
That's just kind of how it is.

A team that imo looked a lot of times about as good as I've seen at ISU...but just never quite turned to corner. Still 7 wins on that premise with being *this* close to at least 9 is pretty great and it's still exciting to see them play in two more games.

Yeah. We've been really, really close to having truly special / amazing seasons the past year couple of years. It's refreshing but because it beats the 'special' seasons we had when I was in school. I enjoyed sitting through a 'special' 2-10 season back in '03.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC