***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm way late to this, but tip big. If you don't tip big, you're seen as an ass and it's likely nobody is picking up your order, anyway.
I watched a few just sit there. First thing I look for is whether they tipped. The ones that sit never tip or tip little enough that nobody cares to get it.

Overall, I'm not a fan of ordering delivery when it's this awful.
We ordered, but picked up ourselves. Maybe the wife will tip me??

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I feel conflicted. Might have saved their life by pulling them over…but risked his/her own by chasing them down. Would it be wrong to hope for natural consequences with a softer landing due to the snow?

There would be significant dangers for others on the road too if they lost control at those speeds

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Went out to give the driveway another pass with the snowblower.
Came in and had to lay down in front of the fireplace.

Feel fortunate all water, elec, gas working. Feel really fortunate today.

I went out go get essentials and fill my vehicle up. No one should be out in this weather.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I went out go get essentials and fill me vehicle up. No one should be out in this weather.

I agree.
I went in this morning. Counting our manager, we ran as a crew of 4 from 5-2. Area manager voted down the idea of closing for the day, but that'll pay the rent better than home (for me-----you deserved the day something like 1 million percent).
Free meal at the end, which was a nice touch.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Niece texted me temp in the Montana foothills, -28. See on Twitter Oregon State is forbidding fans at it's game tomorrow, ice. Now reading this thread. Whole nation is **** for weather today. So gotta post this old W.C. Field scene from a short.