***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They actually have a fairly trash schedule outside of UConn, their win against Bama is their only decent win. Big East is also super weak outside of UConn, MU should have been a 4-5 seed at best.

That being said, they ended up having a #6 NET sos, #7 kenpom SOS, 7 bpi SOS, 6WAB, and 6 SOR. So they had good metrics.

Wins against Creighton, @Illinois, and neutral site vs Kansas (before kansas had its injuries) and @st johns were good q1a wins too

• Informative
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Clemson is better than I was expecting. Lobos need to get their guards going. Everyone keep an eye on JT Toppin in this game. Awesome freshman.

I think more than anything we're seeing the MWC might have been pretty overhyped. They could be 0-5 in the tournament if they lose to Clemson and UAB here.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I think more than anything we're seeing the MWC might have been pretty overhyped. They could be 0-5 in the tournament if they lose to Clemson and UAB here.
Literally happens every year except SDSU is good for a run every now and then. Would like to see leagues record last 2-3 years outside of them. I'd be surprised if they're hitting .250

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Ironic Clemson could benefit from an opponent “gaming the system” for a better seed.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Literally happens every year except SDSU is good for a run every now and then. Would like to see leagues record last 2-3 years outside of them. I'd be surprised if they're hitting .250

I could have missed one or two, but since 2021, they are 0-7 outside of SDSU. Not including this year either.

Reactions: GoHawks

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
Sorry, first time seeing it; who are/were those dorky twin basketball players on the State Farm commercial?

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
Clemson is better than I was expecting. Lobos need to get their guards going. Everyone keep an eye on JT Toppin in this game. Awesome freshman.
UNM went on a big hot streak in their tournament to even get in, I was wondering when it would catch up to them.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Stetson and UConn is unwatchable. Stetson almost gives credence to the idea that winning the conference tournament shouldn’t automatically get you in…like a minimum NET ranking or something.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron