MLB: ***Official 2021 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I get that Pittsburgh played that worse than you can possibly play anything but the chaos he causes makes major league ballplayers forget how to play the game. It's the damndest thing I've ever seen.

Reactions: CycloneErik

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I get that Pittsburgh played that worse than you can possibly play anything but the chaos he causes makes major league ballplayers forget how to play the game. It's the damndest thing I've ever seen.

That first baseman needs to be sent down to rookie ball to learn basic rules. Holy cow. Loved how Javy waved "safe" and then took off for first to avoid the force.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Since there were two outs with a runner scoring from 2nd on that play, what happens if they had eventually gotten the force at first after the runner crossed home plate?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I almost feel like the better play was by Willy to keep running. Good hustle to keep running on what looked like a routine play, and heads up to make a break for home.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That's exactly it! As Pat said on the radio broadcast, it's as if Javy is thinking two or three steps ahead of everyone else on the field.

I'm not sure I buy "thinking two or three steps ahead" on a play like that. I can't imagine he thought the Pirates player would completely lose his head and get caught between just stepping on first and tagging him out. I think it's more a case of just playing hard and not giving up.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm not sure I buy "thinking two or three steps ahead" on a play like that. I can't imagine he thought the Pirates player would completely lose his head and get caught between just stepping on first and tagging him out. I think it's more a case of just playing hard and not giving up.

Believe it. Javy's been way ahead too many times not to believe it.

• Agree
Reactions: psychlone99

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron