MLB: ***Official 2019 St. Louis Cardinals Season Thread***

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Agree, the birds cant beat the Astros or Yankees in 7.

Go back and look at the Cards WS winning teams of the last 15 years. It was teams just like this one that got it done against ‘much better’ AL teams. Go Birds!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Astros are in game 5 against a decent Rays team but still a Rays team that has less talent than the Cardinals. Obviously I won’t be rooting for you guys and I think (doubt anyone here disagrees) the Yanks and Astros have much more talent than you guys, BUT you’ll be more than able to hold your own against any of the teams remaining and have as good a chance as any team to win it all.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
I've not watched the Cardinals this season unless they played the Cubs. In the last few weeks, I'm pretty sure I've seen Martinez blow 4 saves. You have to have someone else?

Yes, but he had Tommy John surgery.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This series never gets back to st Louis. It was a great end of season run. In the off season this team needs to make some moves to improve.

I’m not throwing in the towel just yet. But you are right in that it’s very unlikely the cardinals win this series. They had to beat pitchers not named Scherzer and Strasburg to do that, in my opinion. No matter what, they are far beyond my expectations so no complaints here.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Ok, I’m calling it. There’s no life left in this team. The body language in the dugout after Ozuna got caught between 2nd and 3rd in the 2nd inning tonight was like someone had died.

Nice run, fellas. Would be nice to pick up some starting pitching and keep Ozuna this off season. We’ll see where it leads.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
And to think that the Brewers were a couple of keystone cops plays away from beating Washington - How would that have looked? I don't think we would have made it past LA - but it makes me wonder how you guys would have done against LA in that scenario. Anyway, I truly thought that you guys had the starting pitching to at least challenge the Nats. I really believed that you would win this series if it came down to the bullpens - guess that didn't happen (was surprised, btw). Congrats on a great end of the year run, even though I know the disappointment that follows after tonight's result (I was not happy for a LONG time after the game 7 loss to LA last year).

• Friendly
Reactions: throwittoblythe

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
And to think that the Brewers were a couple of keystone cops plays away from beating Washington - How would that have looked? I don't think we would have made it past LA - but it makes me wonder how you guys would have done against LA in that scenario. Anyway, I truly thought that you guys had the starting pitching to at least challenge the Nats. I really believed that you would win this series if it came down to the bullpens - guess that didn't happen (was surprised, btw). Congrats on a great end of the year run, even though I know the disappointment that follows after tonight's result (I was not happy for a LONG time after the game 7 loss to LA last year).

Thanks for the kind words. The only thing that makes me upset is the lack of competitiveness in this series. They didn’t just lose, they got swept. They didn’t just get swept, they got their asses kicked in every game. Even when the Nats only had 2 runs in the first, you knew it was over. It just felt like the JV team vs the Varsity. Felt a lot like the 2013 WS against the Red Sox. Cards looked like fools and the Sox couldn’t do anything wrong.

As I said before, they exceeded my expectations by making it this far so I’m not disappointed in the season as a whole. Lord I hope the hitting gets more consistent next year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron