MLB: ***Official 2019 St. Louis Cardinals Season Thread***

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Nothing like taking it to game 162 with the Brewers at their heels down to the wire. Rockies did the Cards a big favor with that win last night.

Looking forward to the Cards in postseason. They've been out of it too long.

The Rocks did the Brewers no favors with 2 extra inning games and Scherzer looming. Still, I tip my hat to the Brewers. They sure know how to play ball in September.

Helluva 2nd half for the Cards. As others have mentioned, I didn't see this coming in July. Flaherty was other-worldly. No way they're where they are without him. They made it as interesting as possible but it sure was a fun day after yesterday's Cyclone nut kick.

And sending Maddon out with a whimper didn't hurt my feelings either.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Congrats guys - really stepped it up the last couple of months. Pitching staff has been lights out. Will be interesting to see what Wainwright ends up doing - I thought for sure he’d retire after the year but he’s put up great numbers and seems to still have some left in the tank.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Martinez doing his best to give up a 4 run lead. :(

He kills me. Even if he gets the save, he ends up making it interesting. I’d love to know in what percentage of his appearances he allowed the tying run to second base. Thank God Wong got those extra two runs and they got the call at first against Albies right.

Good lord he makes me nervous. Especially for a guy that was an ace starter at one point not so long ago.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I've not watched the Cardinals this season unless they played the Cubs. In the last few weeks, I'm pretty sure I've seen Martinez blow 4 saves. You have to have someone else?