MLB: ***Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
But we've seen what Rizzo will do for years. It's just a matter of giving him the time to get there.
I know. I was more bothered by Schwarber and Heyward not playing after they had hit the ball hard consistently for 2 days. Also, they seemed to be using the opposite field finally.

And in hindsight, Anderson was leaving pitches up and over the plate all night. A locked in hitter, regardless of which side of the plate they swing from, would have hit last night.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Mostly my point is about Joe. He just has to look like the smartest manager. He can’t keep with what’s working. I see it as a problem of hubris.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I know. I was more bothered by Schwarber and Heyward not playing after they had hit the ball hard consistently for 2 days. Also, they seemed to be using the opposite field finally.

And in hindsight, Anderson was leaving pitches up and over the plate all night. A locked in hitter, regardless of which side of the plate they swing from, would have hit last night.

Shwarber probably looses all momentum he had against the lefty... His splits against lefties are not good. With a stacked outfield, sometimes hot players will sit. Happ has been killing lefties this year, so you had to start him, and Joe wanted Bote to play which pushed KB to the outfield. Also, the fact that LaStella hit last night instead of Hayward leads me to believe it was a scheduled off day for Hayward.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I'm still half convinced that Anderson wanted to be shelled last night. He was making it easy if we would bother to take advantage.

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I still don't understand putting Bote in the lineup last night. There was no reason to do that. Nothing against the guy personally, but the Cubs have plenty of bats. Maddon needs to stick with a lineup.

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I still don't understand putting Bote in the lineup last night. There was no reason to do that. Nothing against the guy personally, but the Cubs have plenty of bats. Maddon needs to stick with a lineup.
Colorado kid

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
More of a cool story than anything. I don't mind it

• Agree
Reactions: cycart

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Could have still got him an AB as a pinch hitter. I feel like it had a lot to do with him being from the Denver area.

Also, everything after he got to 2nd base on his double looked like a rookie. And he missed a steal sign and gave the cubs a costly out at 3rd to end an inning, which I think negates any positive he brought.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
He had a pretty big family contingent there. I'm okay with it.
Ya. I don’t disagree. It as good that he got a hit, but he easily could have put up an 0-5 with the distraction of a family watching and what sounds like little sleep the night before.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Ya. I don’t disagree. It as good that he got a hit, but he easily could have put up an 0-5 with the distraction of a family watching and what sounds like little sleep the night before.
Didn't he get a hit then make a baserunning error?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I mean there was a reason to do it (hes from the Denver area), but I agree with you. He had a pretty averege spring. At the same time, he was 1 for 3, and thats pretty solid for a debut.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron