***Official 2017 ISU Football Recruiting Thread***

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Still interesting to see a prediction of LSU out completely. It looks to me like they're #2.

Reid would start from day 1 if he came here. Wow is he good.

LSU being out is an LSU decision, not a Reid one.

Sounds like I may have been wrong on Tennesse being full at LB, based on speculation from a pay site. Hopefully the staff really gets in his ear before his big day tomorrow, but not looking good.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Smart of them to not bring him in during a home game with half the stadium empty.

Haha, you aren't kidding there. TCU games are dead quiet.

As for Reid. I feel as though ISU isn't even an option for him. All he ever tweets/tweeted about has been LSU/Tennessee and back when Michigan entertained him he tweeted about them.

Now that LSU closed the door on him, looks like he's all Vols. He even stated in a recent article, "if not LSU, then likely Tennessee".

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

As for Reid. I feel as though ISU isn't even an option for him. All he ever tweets/tweeted about has been LSU/Tennessee and back when Michigan entertained him he tweeted about them.

Now that LSU closed the door on him, looks like he's all Vols. He even stated in a recent article, "if not LSU, then likely Tennessee".

Yeah, it's between Tennessee, Tennessee, and Tennessee with an outside shot of Tennessee.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Really curious how long it will be before Tennessee gets hit with sanctions for their suddenly stellar recruiting.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
South Florida's coach is headed to Oregon. May help us with Robbins as they looked to be primary competition.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Really curious how long it will be before Tennessee gets hit with sanctions for their suddenly stellar recruiting.

"Suddenly Stellar"? Their classes have been in the top 20 for at least 10 years in a row (all the further I looked) and have had top 10 classes in 4 of those 10. This year's class, at #11, would be an average class. They may have underacheived a little on the field. Playing in the SEC with consecutive games against Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama may have had something to do with it. They are one of the biggest brands in college football and also play here:

www.panoramas.com.UTN1.jpg

Reactions: CyInDFW

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
"Suddenly Stellar"? Their classes have been in the top 20 for at least 10 years in a row (all the further I looked) and have had top 10 classes in 4 of those 10. This year's class, at #11, would be an average class. They may have underacheived a little on the field. Playing in the SEC with consecutive games against Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama may have had something to do with it. They are one of the biggest brands in college football and also play here:

A little? They've underachieved a little with a literal decade of top-rated classes?

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
A little? They've underachieved a little with a literal decade of top-rated classes?
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Huh. I didn't know they recruited that high the past ten years. I figured it just bumped when Butch got there. They really should win more. It's not like they just lost to Bama.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Huh. I didn't know they recruited that high the past ten years. I figured it just bumped when Butch got there. They really should win more. It's not like they just lost to Bama.
They are 12th in total CFB wins. 9th if you only count FBS. They have 7 National Championships. Tons of tradition. They just haven't been able to make a good hire since Phil Fulmer in 2008.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I'd highly suggest that someone with a Twitter account send that link to him.

Yes, bc desperation works... seriously would be dumb considering the state of our program the last century. Take off the cardinal and gold glasses and see how this looks from an outside perspective. Please....

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Yes, bc desperation works... seriously would be dumb considering the state of our program the last century. Take off the cardinal and gold glasses and see how this looks from an outside perspective. Please....

What. You think I wrote the article? And I'm assuming you didn't read the article as it's talking about how the locker room is a bit of a mess and how the program has a negative vibe to it. There's a decent chance that Butch Davis could get the ax soon if the program fails to move in an upward trajectory.

Reactions: isufbcurt

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron