MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
This has 2003 ALCS written all over it. In all seriousness, the comments here are the same comments you were reading after going down 2-1 to the Dodgers last year, and 3-1 to the Indians. Hell, it was said going into the 9th inning of Game 4 of the NLDS. If there's one thing I've learned, it's NEVER write off this team. They do some amazing things with their backs against the wall.

2003 ALCS was won on a walk off by Aaron Boone in Game 7.

That was the game where Pedro imploded after Grady Little brought him in as a reliever.

PEEEEDDRROO! PEEEDDDROOO! PEEEEDDDDRROOO!

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Yeah I meant 2004...MY BAD!

I wish I could see it but I just dont. This series has Dodgers in 4 or 5 written all over it.

Our starters cant get through 5 innings and there isnt anybody to trust in the bullpen except Davis and maybe Edwards.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I wish I could see it but I just dont. This series has Dodgers in 4 or 5 written all over it.

Our starters cant get through 5 innings and there isnt anybody to trust in the bullpen except Davis and maybe Edwards.
Each bullpen pitcher has been hot and cold, thats the issue. Get them on the right night, and they are great. Get them on an off night, and they kill your confidence.

That being said, with the way the Dodgers are playing right now as a team, I dont see the Cubs winning a game. Their pitching is pitching at an unbelievable level right now. The second one of their starters gets in trouble, all they have to do is throw it to the pen right away, and wait for one of our relievers to have a bad inning.

I try to stay optimistic, but this Dodger team is like nothing we have seen before with our backs against the wall. The only chance the Cubs have is if their pitching tires and their offense cools down.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Ok, Cubs. Any time you want to get your **** together and make this a series, feel free to go ahead and do it. o_O

#beatLA

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Good hearing Big Cat bash on Maddon and literally say the same thing I have - great regular season manager, great club house guy, everyone wants to be around him.

Important in-game decisions...eh...

Funniest thing he said - just get nerds to coach the teams in the postseason. Don't even let them talk to anyone, just have them press buttons for who they want playing where

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Good hearing Big Cat bash on Maddon and literally say the same thing I have - great regular season manager, great club house guy, everyone wants to be around him.

Important in-game decisions...eh...

Funniest thing he said - just get nerds to coach the teams in the postseason. Don't even let them talk to anyone, just have them press buttons for who they want playing where

Who the **** is Big Cat?

Not defending Joe at all, but his reason for not using Wade last night is understandable. I disagree with it, but I get his line of thinking. Same thing with his explanation for how he used his pitchers in Game 7. I disagree, but understand his line of thinking.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Ethier is making $17.5 million this year for the Dodgers.

He's played in 22 games this year total prior to tonight.

And 16 last season.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
You're not sure he could be now disappointing? I'm pretty sure he could be.

I think two of his outs are at the warning track and Puig hit one to Milwaukee just foul. Along with his two bombs, he's throwing it right down the pipe and making it pretty easy for the hitters.

Doing a good job getting ahead though. Keep the PC down.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think two of his outs are at the warning track and Puig hit one to Milwaukee just foul. Along with his two bombs, he's throwing it right down the pipe and making it pretty easy for the hitters.

Doing a good job getting ahead though. Keep the PC down.
He elevating tonight, probably not what you want to do. But it could be alot worse. Cubs are continuing the piss away opportunities, and I have a feeling not scoring more in the first will be there story tonight...