mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
1st place now, 1st place forever.

050716_chc_rossthumbsup_lo_i38y0yxe.gif

Reactions: CycloneErik

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Arrieta is going beast mode now. He's in "show me the money" mode for this offseason.

I think we still get a reliever and a catcher. I would like a starting pitcher but I think Lackey would throw a fit. I don't think it would be a bad thing if he was gone just because he's so old and always has a **** attitude.

Think for just a moment, going into October with

Lester
Gray
Arrieta
Quintana

And next offseason, we wouldn't have to worry about SP's, as I feel like Tseng will be our #5 next year. MLB Pipeline isn't high on him, but he's having a hell of a year right now.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Arrieta is going beast mode now. He's in "show me the money" mode for this offseason.

I think we still get a reliever and a catcher. I would like a starting pitcher but I think Lackey would throw a fit. I don't think it would be a bad thing if he was gone just because he's so old and always has a **** attitude.

Lester
Gray
Arrieta
Quintana

And next offseason, we wouldn't have to worry about SP's, as I feel like Tseng will be our #5 next year. MLB Pipeline isn't high on him, but he's having a hell of a year right now.

Whar Hendricks? He still has 3 years left.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

Lester
Gray
Arrieta
Quintana

Why give up a ton to get Gray when you have Hendricks? The SP is good enough to win a WS again this year with the addition of Quintana.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Lester
Gray
Arrieta
Quintana

Tseng is a AAAA pitcher, Montgomery is a much more realistic fifth starter going into next year.

I don't think the Cubs need Gray, he is good but has injury concerns and the Cubs will have to move at least one major position player to get him as they don't have enough left in the minors.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Whar Hendricks? He still has 3 years left.

Saying Hendricks will be our #4 next year.

Right now, we only return Lester, Quintana, and Hendricks.

We need a starting pitcher next year because we won't have Arrieta, which is why I would be fine with grabbing Gray now instead of dropping $$$ on Darvish, or whoever else could potentially come here next year.

The 2018 season would be ugly if our rotation consisted of Lester, Quintana, Hendricks, Montgomery, and Tseng. That's going in with worse starting pitching than we had to start the year.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Saying Hendricks will be our #4 next year.

Right now, we only return Lester, Quintana, and Hendricks.

We need a starting pitcher next year because we won't have Arrieta, which is why I would be fine with grabbing Gray now instead of dropping $$$ on Darvish, or whoever else could potentially come here next year.

The 2018 season would be ugly if our rotation consisted of Lester, Quintana, Hendricks, Montgomery, and Tseng. That's going in with worse starting pitching than we had to start the year.
Not an option we are on his No trade list.....

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I always liked Yovani Gallardo when he played for the Brewers, 2018 is an option year.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Some guys waive that to play for a winner.
I'm not advocating the trade idea, just throwing that factoid in there.
I don't disagree, but I think since that tidbit came out we have back off pushing for him. Main options right now would be Gray, or Verlander from Tigers. Unless a names comes up that I have not heard.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Some guys waive that to play for a winner.
I'm not advocating the trade idea, just throwing that factoid in there.

I think Cubswin was talking about signing Darvish in the FA period anyway, which is why he was talking about spending money on him.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I don't disagree, but I think since that tidbit came out we have back off pushing for him. Main options right now would be Gray, or Verlander from Tigers. Unless a names comes up that I have not heard.

The Cubs were never serious about Darvish, in my opinion. That would be a horrible trade. If we are serious, they will wait and go after him hard in the offseason.