NFL: ***Official 2016 Fantasy Football Thread***

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Its the best time of the year again, and with preseason games only a couple weeks away, I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread for all news, advice, stories, etc.

Got a couple mocks done today, ff will be different this year with many elite WRs.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Is Zeke Elliot worth drafting high? I have a bad feeling he's going to be splitting a lot of carries with Morris and McFadden

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Is Zeke Elliot worth drafting high? I have a bad feeling he's going to be splitting a lot of carries with Morris and McFadden

McFadden broke his elbow over the summer. Jerry drafted Elliot high so he is going to want to prove how brilliant he is- so I'd bet Elliot gets 80% of the carries.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I had the last pick, #10, last year and still got Beckham. On paper, my team was far better than any in my league, but I have bad luck. Injuries and losing by a point or 2 a few times a year. Still made the championship but lost.
I got Brown at 9 last year and was pumped. When I said you better hope you have a top 3ish pick, I was talking about this year. We both know no one will get him at #10 this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I have the 5th pick in my 12 team standard scoring league, looking forward to our draft on the 20th.

I usually prefer to get an elite RB with my first pick, but if AP & Gurley are gone I might go Julio (Brown & Beckham will for sure be gone). If I go this route I'll be hoping to catch a top 15 RB on the way back down. Thinking I'll use my first 4-5 picks on RB/WR, there seem to be plenty of adequate QBs/TEs to be had in mid rounds.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA

Lot of writers are showing he's getting the bulk of the load. They didn't draft him #4 to sit him on the bench. He offers PPR value and look at what the lousy Murray did behind that big oline 2 years ago. Initially I suspected he'd go in the 3rd round, but writers have been talking him up to where he's 1st round material. I think he may be justifiable late first into mid 2nd. I can see a lot of people being hesitant taking a rookie as their first pick, especially if they had any bust rbs last year in that round.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I have the 5th pick in my 12 team standard scoring league, looking forward to our draft on the 20th.

I usually prefer to get an elite RB with my first pick, but if AP & Gurley are gone I might go Julio (Brown & Beckham will for sure be gone). If I go this route I'll be hoping to catch a top 15 RB on the way back down. Thinking I'll use my first 4-5 picks on RB/WR, there seem to be plenty of adequate QBs/TEs to be had in mid rounds.

Is it PPR?? You have some flexibility at that 5th spot. However, I don't know if I would get overly excited about Gurley as some suggest. He's bust potential IMO given the team he's on with a below average offense. Last year his final 8 games he averaged 3.9 ypc and he plays in one of the tougher divisions of defenses and Rams are 1 dimensional. I'm not big on AP. He's good don't get me wrong, but hes aging and from what I understand if Vikings plan to switch up to the shot gun style offense to give Teddy better looks, it threw AP off last year during that time.

If Julio is available, he is the obvious choice for me, I'm bigger on a more reliable wr. Rbs are too risky with how they have had injuries last couple years, but if it's between Gurley and AP, I'd go with AP.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Is it PPR?? You have some flexibility at that 5th spot. However, I don't know if I would get overly excited about Gurley as some suggest. He's bust potential IMO given the team he's on with a below average offense. Last year his final 8 games he averaged 3.9 ypc and he plays in one of the tougher divisions of defenses and Rams are 1 dimensional. I'm not big on AP. He's good don't get me wrong, but hes aging and from what I understand if Vikings plan to switch up to the shot gun style offense to give Teddy better looks, it threw AP off last year during that time.

If Julio is available, he is the obvious choice for me, I'm bigger on a more reliable wr. Rbs are too risky with how they have had injuries last couple years, but if it's between Gurley and AP, I'd go with AP.

No, not PPR.

And I'm not opposed to taking an elite WR, just seems to me like there are fewer RBs that are legitimate start every week options.

Maybe it's just my own flawed perception, but I feel like there are only about 30 RBs I'd feel comfortable starting each week, compared to about 50 WRs I'd be fine starting every week. I also think a starting RB is less likely to have a 5 point week than a WR (not counting top ~5 WR). Again, not sure if the facts back me up, those are just my thoughts.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Every year I expect AD to fall off. Almost every year (when he's playing) he proves me wrong.

If I hadn't seen him hurt himself like a dumb ass against Iowa State, I'd think he was a robot.

Actually last year I expected a good season because he basically had a whole year off and no injuries.

This year he might slow down a little bit.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I'd never take an unproven rookie RB with a high pick. I wouldn't take any RB who hasn't proven his chops with an early pick. I did a few years ago with Montee Ball and got seriously burned. I wouldn't take Zeke any earlier than the 5th or 6th round.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I'd never take an unproven rookie RB with a high pick. I wouldn't take any RB who hasn't proven his chops with an early pick. I did a few years ago with Montee Ball and got seriously burned. I wouldn't take Zeke any earlier than the 5th or 6th round.

Depends where you are in the draft. History shows that rookies tend to have better seasons than sophomores coming back off of good rookie seasons. I guess with Dallas' oline I wouldn't be afraid to take that risk; just hedge with a couple rbs in rounds 6-8.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I've got the 3rd pick in a keeper league. I'm assuming Zeke Elliot will be off the board when I draft, so would you take Thomas Rawls or Jordy Nelson? Those are the two I'm deciding between. Leaning towards Rawls just because there are more quality WR's. Ingram is also available, but don't really trust him

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I've got the 3rd pick in a keeper league. I'm assuming Zeke Elliot will be off the board when I draft, so would you take Thomas Rawls or Jordy Nelson? Those are the two I'm deciding between. Leaning towards Rawls just because there are more quality WR's. Ingram is also available, but don't really trust him

That seems high for me. I'm scared Rawls will have nagging injuries all year and the Seahawks picked up a few more RBs this offseason as well. Not sure Rawls, even when healthy, will get the kind of workload Beastmode did.

I like Jordy to bounce back, but not enough for the third overall pick. I guess a lot depends on who's off the board for your keeper league too though.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er