*** Official #15 IOWA STATE vs #18 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I can’t wait to play WVU this season.

yes if the officials “
You mean throwing a saddle on our cutters and riding them around the court?

If the refs let them play, we are likely to see things more interesting than flying toothpicks, karate kicks or muggings of a point guard under the bucket!

Reactions: Cyclonepride

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Will be interesting to see how this game is called. Normally we may benefit from a game where they "let us play" and be more physical. This may an exception where we are better off if they call a bit tighter game to negate some of Tech's physicality.
I’m sure they will call a tighter game on us

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
slap-shot-hanson-brothers.gif
I am too old to do GIF’s but I was hoping someone would have my back and would know the reference. That was straight up basketball assist and not a hockey assist from you.

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Everyone let’s get ready for some old time hockey eh.
I am too old to do GIF’s but I was hoping someone would have my back and would know the reference. That was straight up basketball assist and not a hockey assist from you.
So...there was a fight going on, then a hockey game broke out.

I hope the refs don't give us the 'stick'.

Saw WV for the first time this weekend and from what I saw they lack both skill and physical presence of previous teams. Hard to play Huggyball w guys who look like BB players instead of FB players and have the skill of FB players instead of BB players.
Agreed! I hate Huggyball to the core. There is a big difference between playing physically (ISU this yr) and fouling 100x because you know the most the refs will call is 25 and then working the refs over every call. Hopefully this is the year we impose our will on them.
Can I hold you to this? 2x? That'd be nice. I also can't stand Hugball.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I could be wrong but I think it will take a minor miracle for Missouri-Ole Miss to end by 8

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Play by play guy in KU-OU game just said OU only returned 27% of scoring from last year, by far the lowest in the Big 12.
Maybe I heard that wrong, but it can't be right. No way Cyclone returners were 27%.
They may not have even considered us eligible for that with how many players we lost to the transfer portal

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
As game time gets closer, this just feels like a game we should be able to win but won't play well enough in that building to get the chance. I am just down on the college game with the sorry state of officiating. I sure hope I'm wrong.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Actually, I wonder if they forgot to subtract the points lost from the late transfers. Wait, Hinson and Foster did have many points! :)

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
As game time gets closer, this just feels like a game we should be able to win but won't play well enough in that building to get the chance. I am just down on the college game with the sorry state of officiating. I sure hope I'm wrong.

There’s a 70/30 chance you are right. It’s where we are in officiating right now.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Counzo still has a job which leads me to believe America truly is the land of infinite opportunities