*** Official #15 IOWA STATE vs #18 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Same game. Same issues. Same great effort on defense. Same struggles on offense. Same Tech defense which is relentless. Until Tyrese can make 3's they can help on everyone else. Enaruna needs to develop a better around the basket midrange game. As soon as I think we should be setting more on-ball screens for Brockington, the announcers reminded me how Tech just blows those up. I'm at a loss. Basketball gurus....how do you beat this defense??????
Attack yet still protect the ball and make more free throws is all I got.

Reactions: 67CY

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Someone had better step up and start making shots. Also the guy we need most almost almost fouled out in 5 minutes

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
This is exactly what I expected the game to be. Just need to knock down a couple more shots in the second half and we’re there.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 83cy

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Same game. Same issues. Same great effort on defense. Same struggles on offense. Same Tech defense which is relentless. Until Tyrese can make 3's they can help on everyone else. Enaruna needs to develop a better around the basket midrange game. As soon as I think we should be setting more on-ball screens for Brockington, the announcers reminded me how Tech just blows those up. I'm at a loss. Basketball gurus....how do you beat this defense??????
Well it's really problematic when they don't call fouls - freedom of movement is dead.

• Agree
Reactions: Malone and CYDJ

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Hitting your free throws could be a key to winning this. Both teams are shooting them horribly.
Yeah, said the same a bit ago. Points are precious and there will be fouls.

Games like this frustrate me as if we could string together a couple plays, we could be handling them.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Somebody sim the 1990 Loyola-Marymount Hank Gathers/Bo Kimble team (122 ppg) and this version of the Cyclones and see what happens.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf

Tyrese gotta hit some shots. Hoping Jaz doesn't foul out.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Winning the battle on the boards. Keep that up and cut down on the turnovers will get us a win IMO.

Refs are letting a lot go until Tech takes it to the basket. We should do the same

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I’m with Seth Greenberg…. nothing wrong with a hard fought game between two teams with great top 5 defenses.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Quick ball reversal. Need to hit the three. That shot will be open if tech pressures and clones can swing the ball.

another way would be to dump the ball into a competent post player.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
These guys are playing their asses off in this game. I don’t understand the negative comments directed at some of our own players by our fan base tonight. They deserve our support not our criticism.

I think some folks see a different type of player for ISU than what they really have.

They've never been strong on offense and that's not going to change especially against a team like Tech who's on a redemption tour after Saturday.

Playing their assess of has gotten them this far and they'll stay the course which is really great.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron