*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Ok move on from this tire fire. One thing no matter what moving forward is we need to work constantly on press break AND Tamin has to start shooting. The blue print is out on how to defend our offense. Even if he doesn't make many, he needs to keep them honest and work in the gym on his shot to start making teams pay. Otherwise it's 4 v. 5 out there, and when Jones is in, it's 3 v. 5.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think it became clear to the guys that the refs weren't going to let them play their game defensively. They got whistled for a bunch of fouls in the 2nd half. It became clear that the refs were going to call them often. Our guys went belly up, not wanting to foul out. Just a disgracefully poor officiating job

Then you've got to change things, right?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Losing to a winless conference team 2 days after a brutal beat down to a rival... bottom falling out sounds pretty accurate
What I don't get is why Tech waited so long to attack Tamin like that.....no matter, book is out now....time to see how we adjust. So far they have not adjusted well.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Not going to get on Lipsey. Love the guy. A lot of those turnovers was because he was gassed. There is not a doubt in my mind. I love his ability to take it to the tin and finish. So fun to watch. Hope he works on his 3 pt shot as he progresses. What is great is he’ll be a four year guy for us.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Conspiracy theories aside the real problem coming out of this game is that anyone who doesn't press ISU is stupid, that's more than just a fluke now. No one is going to guard Lipsey, they were able to completely shut down our points in the paint with Lipsey's defender just looking to help. The last part is beyond my bball knowledge, but being unable to stop that switch and ISO for 15 mins is all kinds of terrifying with the much better teams and coaches coming up.
It would be really nice if Tamin could shoot even 30% from 3. That's all it would take

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
It's pretty obvious that this team has had its weaknesses exposed. The 2nd time through the conference was going to be a huge test for this group and it ain't starting out great. Put the conference title dreams to bed. Right now they just need to figure out a way to finish 10-8 and grab a 5 or 6 seed on Selection Sunday.
Kiss Des Moines goodbye. But at this point, there's no guarantee that playing in Des Moines would be an advantage for us anyway. Can anyone remember what our first 9 games in conference last year were compared to our last 9? Seems to me we took a nose dive toward the end but salvaged enough wins to get in. Just get in. We all knew better than to think we were a top 2-3 seed. We have weaknesses galore, but do alot of good things too.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I couldn't have been more pumped for the remainder of the season, just one week ago... Now I'm wondering if we are an 8/9 seed with one and done written on our future..

And you know what? If that happens it wouldn't be the first time.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
People not named Caleb Grill 1-15 from deep.

Terrible free throw shooting.

Lipsey just handed them a good 8 points off atrocious turnovers. He looked lost again out there until he second half.

Shoon gets all of 4 shots up. Pathetic. At least get it in the post and make the reds call something.

Grill throws a lob to Shoon instead of a bounce pass with over a minute left and that’s a 7 point lead and probably the game.

Would like to see Holmes with the ball at end of game instead of Lipsey. His handle worries me but Lipsey is not a threat unless he gets all the way to the hoop. Would also like to see Holmes take the two points there on the last possession and extend the game.

TJ stubborn as f**k with his rotations. No Watson or King in that run while we were just getting out muscled on everything. Did not put Grill back in soon enough.

Refs were not good and that no call on Grill will live in infamy on this site. But so much other **** we could have done to make that not matter.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I'm dumbing you because you're a f*cking douchebag and I don't like you.

And Rob Jones didn't lose the game for us tonight dumba$$. It was a collective effort to p!ss that one away, coaching staff included.
You don’t like me because I kept telling you Prohm wasn’t fit for the job two years ago and you couldn’t stand that fact.

I’m well aware that Bob don’t single handily lose us this game, but the fact still stands that he isn’t a D1 basketball player and shouldn’t see minutes for this team.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Refs were fine, we didn't attack the paint, and we do this thing where we just hack people at times for no reason. Can't do that on the road, almost all of them were fouls. The game was being called a certain way, and we did nothing to adjust.

The giant sandpaper dildo was fine. Enjoy it!

Reactions: Die4Cy and jctisu

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not going to get on Lipsey. Love the guy. A lot of those turnovers was because he was gassed. There is not a doubt in my mind. I love his ability to take it to the tin and finish. So fun to watch. Hope he works on his 3 pt shot as he progresses. What is great is he’ll be a four year guy for us.
He wasn’t gassed. He was mentally rattled and TJ let him sink out there.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Then you've got to change things, right?
Ideally, but they might only know one way to play defense. When that doesn't work, they don't have the offensive skill sets to keep up with much of anybody

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Could be Adams just beat him at his own game I have barely seen the man breathe let alone show any emotion on the sideline

True. We've been told that this calm demeanor is TJ playing the long game with the refs and his team. But we seem to get screwed by the refs more often than not. So maybe it's time to try something different. Much like Campbell stayed calm about the officiating for several years and then started losing his god damned mind because it probably literally drives you crazy after a while.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Everyone can have an opinion on the pathetic team without some self important white privileged dickhead thinking they are smarter than everyone else and that their ******** is warranted when they do it. You respond to my post or react to it then you are a dickhead including whoever brought you on this earth. I’m sick and tired of **** suckers replying to my comments. Mind your damn business @$$holes. You can whine all you want and it’s in your own right and I will react accordingly to how I feel. You can go hug a transformer if you don’t like my comments b!tch@$$es. Better yet, keep scrolling down. I’m sick and tired of all you self proclaimed important David Dukes M****f**ers trying get under my skin all the time. What other people can’t get angry because some whitey is going to get angry? F**ck all y’all who don’t like my take. Infact you can tell whoever runs this sh!t to block me. I hope all you mf get stuck in snow. I’m out and I don’t have to be here EVER again. You can all go eat a ****.
Is this a copypasta or what

• Haha
Reactions: cyclonez7

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Harmon drove the lane like 10 times , try a zone? Anything else? Make them do something else!
We were in a zone a decent amount and Lipsey just got abused by Harmon.

He is exactly the type of player we’re missing which is someone that can go get you a bucket when you need one.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The giant sandpaper dildo was fine. Enjoy it!
Yeah even if they weren't as bad as most think they were, including me, to say they were FINE is just being obtuse. In no way were the officials fine.