*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Well... we can either guard the ball 25 feet from the basket and move our feet to stay in front of them or back off and clog the lane. Instead we guarded 25 feet from the basket and then let them blow by us over and over and over again. Out of position teams ALWAYS get more fouls called on them.
Yes normally true. But even when they were in position they were getting whistled. Then we got tired and everything broke down. Tech was out of position a lot on defense with how aggressive they were, but any time we tried to penetrate they would put two hands on us and no call. Officiating sucked and changed the game period. We then let it affect us, which is completely on us.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Out coached is real simple, we blew a 23 point lead, TJ should have thrown a fit and got a T, just like Self does at KU. Show the officials, that they need to stop calling everything for the home team, and he will not stand for it.

Allow the players to refocus and tell the team that its us against the world, we are now playing not only TT, and their crowd, but also the refs. You would be surprised how often when Self does it his teams come out refocused and hammer home a win.

A T during that farce might have saved 3-4 points assuming the make the shots.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Did TJ choke or just think they had the game with 10 minutes left and let them get sloppy and lazy?

• Dumb
Reactions: peatyscotch

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I'm wandering outside in the snow...
....I should have put shoes on....
....and a coat.
...so disappointed. I'm numb.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Obviously tonight was not the night to do it. But if the officiating was truly that bad, TJ needs to rethink his calm demeanor. It didn't get do him any good tonight.
I’d love to see him get T’d up for calling Gary Maxwell, Gerry Pollard and Rick Crawford a bunch of incompetent dip *****

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yes normally true. But even when they were in position they were getting whistled. Then we got tired and everything broke down. Tech was out of position a lot on defense with how aggressive they were, but any time we tried to penetrate they would put two hands on us and no call. Officiating sucked and changed the game period. We then let it affect us, which is completely on us.

Exactly this. Anything else is just various ways people cope.

Reactions: jctisu

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
A T during that farce might have saved 3-4 points assuming the make the shots.

I don't know that it would have helped tonight. But TJ might want to think about making a point early on Saturday if they are calling ******** fouls again.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Conspiracy theories aside the real problem coming out of this game is that anyone who doesn't press ISU is stupid, that's more than just a fluke now. No one is going to guard Lipsey, they were able to completely shut down our points in the paint with Lipsey's defender just looking to help. The last part is beyond my bball knowledge, but being unable to stop that switch and ISO for 15 mins is all kinds of terrifying with the much better teams and coaches coming up.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Obviously tonight was not the night to do it. But if the officiating was truly that bad, TJ needs to rethink his calm demeanor. It didn't get do him any good tonight.
Could be Adams just beat him at his own game I have barely seen the man breathe let alone show any emotion on the sideline

Help Support Us

Become a patron