*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
We win this game against this team in this setting 7 out of 10. We had so many opportunities in the second half to tie an take complete momentum. We wore them out. Illinois playing good right now. But what I just watched, is stage fright.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
This one hurts. Make the easy plays and I don’t think this is close the way they were shooting free throws.

They are a very good team. But were every bit as good. Terrible start. 11-25 on layups (according to post above). Some really lazy passes turned into run outs.

So many moments will completely haunt us.

• Agree
Reactions: GotHops32 and 67CY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Give Illinois some credit. They earned that W.
Kinda. Feels a little more like we just didn't take some opportunities that were right in front of us, but they definitely made some shots when we had them on the ropes. Definitely showed some toughness in crunch time.

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
I know it’s not that simple, but take away the fluke should have been steal tip in, and we make just half of the missed layups and we win even if they make a few more free throws. We lost that game. Illinois didn’t win it

Reactions: cybychoice

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
I know some people are going to want to lay the loss on Milan, but that just isn't 100% true. He had two really bad turnovers. But how many shots did we miss from 2 feet tonight? We had at least 3 chances to tie and couldn't make a bunny to get a tie.

Last edited:
Reactions: cayin

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Maybe you didn’t notice the 8 or so minute stretch where ISU was really selective on the doubles and even played zone.

Illinois was a waaaaaaay better passing team than we've faced. They move the ball much more like an NBA team. I credit them for that. The same double team that worked all year didn't work on them and burned us. I think we did adjust and that's why it was a tight game.

Nobody should be shocked the #1 offense is better passing the ball than what we're used to. Just like Illinois fans shouldn't be shocked they only scored 72 instead of their typical 90.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
The good: I’m proud of the Cyclones and the effort they gave. These dudes never give up. Ball doesn’t always bounce your way. This team doesn’t get this far without all these dudes giving it their all.

The bad: On this forum, the amount of direct player trashing and callouts, the audacity to say Illinois wanted the game more and the overall ******** that TJ wasn’t ‘adjusting’ our defense to stop them. They’re a tough team and weathered our storm.

I love our guys and I’m happy I got to see them win in Omaha. I know they did their best to go further.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
We struggled to rebound against Illinois. UConn would have murdered us on the boards.

Yeah, that's my only consolation. I do feel like our defense could have given UConn trouble, but *their* defense is also great, so I never really believed we'd have more than a 10% chance if we got that far. They are just that good, plus it's a home court.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron