*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Very frustrating loss. Had so many chances to win. We beat ourselves. Won't get to see what would've happened vs. UConn.

Only consolation for me would be if UConn wins by 20 points. Then I'd accept we wouldn't have fared well enough to win.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Honestly it's refreshing to me I feel like it was a pretty well officiated game.

A few of our Big 12 WINS had me fuming mad and I really wasn't that upset with the calls tonight.

Reactions: GlenviewIllini

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Disappointed with tonight, but we played well below average missing a ton of open looks right at the hoop, and Illinois needed all of that to win. Great season. It was so fun watching these guys play. Very proud of them!
On the other hand, Illinois missed a metric **** ton of FT.

The game was lost in the first half. Sure, got it within 2 in the second half, but those runs should’ve been pushing a lead to 7-8 with even average decision making in the first half.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Eh I really don’t think Illinois played that well truthfully. Early on yes but for almost 3/4 of that game I don’t think they did much that was anything crazy.
The Illini hit some big (tough) shots (or made the extra pass) and the 'Clones definitely made them uncomfortable throughout. Just couldn't capitalize when there was an opportunity to swing momentum with a lead change.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
I have a different take on this game. It wasn't pretty, by any means, but for a team with such low expectations at the start of the season, I am really proud of them. I had a lot of fun watching these guys, they won the B12 t'ment by smoking Houston and they made it to the Sweet 16. My hat is off to the guys, But expecially, a thunderous ovation to TJ. What a great job he did this year. So proud of our boys - and our girls. Add in the wrestling year and it was a great year to be a Cyclone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron