*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't think it will happen, but can you imagine San Diego State upsetting UCONN ahead of our tipoff? Both ISU and ILL would know UCONN is out of their paths. Would amp things up so much more.
I'd rather have Illinois know about it and our guys not. Looking ahead of anything but this game and the next play wouldn't be a great thing. Of course, I'd trust our guys not to do that.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Guarantee the men play harder than illinois, we will be proud regardless of the outcome. As an added bonus none of our players are "alleged" felons either.

Reactions: madguy30

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Ya that sounds awesome. Do they allow dogs on that trail?
No dogs allowed on the island. They've recently re-introduced wolves, apparently the population died off after a visitor's dog spread an illness to the wolves that were there naturally.

Isle Royale is one of the most "untouched" wilderness areas in the US. There are trails and camps, but it's pretty wild. It was a difficult trek, we covered around 70 miles in seven days. Lots of elevation change, all rock. Awe inspiring views constantly! Carry everything you need for a week. It's remote enough that cell signal is rare. And even if you could call for help in an emergency (cell or satellite), it would be hours to days before anyone could get to you. It was neat to see the scouts be completely disconnected from the constant phone use.

One of the most fascinating areas (to me anyway) is the "moose exclusion zone." Once the moose migrated over, a park ranger noticed how dramatically they were impacting the island, eating all the Canadian yew. So they put up posts and a high fence in one area, to show what it was like before the moose showed up. Stupid moose, always ruining everything... We saw four moose total, over the week. They are impressive! Last night on the island, I was walking from camp to get water, and a bull was standing on the main trail, probably 30-40 feet from where the camp trail joined the main. Waaaaaay too close - they're huge, aggressive, and have bad eye sight. We also saw a cow swim across one of the lakes - how does an animal that big and clumsy looking swim so fast???

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Almost everybody is saying Illinois wins - including Erik freakin Haslam of Haslametrics, advising bettors to ignore his own site's prediction.

Time to shock the non-believers.

Been like this all year. The computers say the Cyclones are legit, and the "experts" are slow to catch on.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
No dogs allowed on the island. They've recently re-introduced wolves, apparently the population died off after a visitor's dog spread an illness to the wolves that were there naturally.

Isle Royale is one of the most "untouched" wilderness areas in the US. There are trails and camps, but it's pretty wild. It was a difficult trek, we covered around 70 miles in seven days. Lots of elevation change, all rock. Awe inspiring views constantly! Carry everything you need for a week. It's remote enough that cell signal is rare. And even if you could call for help in an emergency (cell or satellite), it would be hours to days before anyone could get to you. It was neat to see the scouts be completely disconnected from the constant phone use.

One of the most fascinating areas (to me anyway) is the "moose exclusion zone." Once the moose migrated over, a park ranger noticed how dramatically they were impacting the island, eating all the Canadian yew. So they put up posts and a high fence in one area, to show what it was like before the moose showed up. Stupid moose, always ruining everything... We saw four moose total, over the week. They are impressive! Last night on the island, I was walking from camp to get water, and a bull was standing on the main trail, probably 30-40 feet from where the camp trail joined the main. Waaaaaay too close - they're huge, aggressive, and have bad eye sight. We also saw a cow swim across one of the lakes - how does an animal that big and clumsy looking swim so fast???
Sounds awesome but I don't go on hikes without my dog. Too dangerous alone.

Reactions: Kinch

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So we were at Wednesday night church service last night. I believe the Holy Spirit was calling me!!!! Our pastor concluded the service with " Go in Peace, Serve the Lord, and may the Illini find comfort in Proverbs Chapter 1 verse 27."

Needless to say many in the congregation grabbed a bible and opened it. Slowly one by one we all started laughing.
That is pretty funny.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Reading the Wikipedia on Brad Underwood, it almost sounds like reaching the sweet 16 is his ceiling. Also he had trouble at his previous stops and now looks like it has followed him to Illini. About the only difference between him and Fran is 1. He actually reached the Sweet 16. 2. He can beat Fran. I agree with the post that said his career is boring. If I went solely on his write up on Wikipedia, I would say Iowa State can handle them.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
200w.gif

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
75-70 Illinois.

It’s almost worth it to put money on the Illini. If they win, you can make some decent return. If the Cyclones win, I’m screaming in happiness and okay to lose a little money.
No amount of money would make me happy with a loss.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
So we were at Wednesday night church service last night. I believe the Holy Spirit was calling me!!!! Our pastor concluded the service with " Go in Peace, Serve the Lord, and may the Illini find comfort in Proverbs Chapter 1 verse 27."

Needless to say many in the congregation grabbed a bible and opened it. Slowly one by one we all started laughing.
I think I like that guy. Well played, pastor.

Reactions: aauummm

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
The Big 12 has to work harder for their top seeds than the Big 10. Illinois is a case in point. A couple of years ago, they lost 6 games, but were given a No 1 seed based solely on them being a Big 10 champion. Illinois lost in the round of 32 to Loyola-Chicago, who lost their next game to Oregon State, who lost their next game to Houston. That has to be one of the weakest No. 1 seed performances in the last 10 or 15 years.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Not only do we win the game, but I think the players will win with such tenacity to send a message to the so-called “experts” and also the team we will play in the regional finals.

Reactions: CyByrd

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Reading the Wikipedia on Brad Underwood, it almost sounds like reaching the sweet 16 is his ceiling. Also he had trouble at his previous stops and now looks like it has followed him to Illini. About the only difference between him and Fran is 1. He actually reached the Sweet 16. 2. He can beat Fran. I agree with the post that said his career is boring. If I went solely on his write up on Wikipedia, I would say Iowa State can handle them.

Brad Underwhelm.

IL is moreathletic than Purdue but finished 2-3 games back.

Reactions: rosshm16 and Kinch