Observations

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Good things
1. Schematically we didnt do too bad, Kendall Writght was shut down, RGIII was ok, not as explosive as he had been.
2. Leonard was laying the wood, obviously learned how to contain emotion.
3. Minus Jantz fumble we cleaned it up a lot in 7 days, without fumble we are right in it.
4. Money is darn good, as good as Blythe
5 James White, good game buddy, keep it up.

Bad things
1. We got tired on d, happens when multiple 3 and outs happen
2. Mahoney should be on suicide watch what is wrong with this kid, his head is all messed up.
3. We need to sustain drives to give d a break, Baylors d wasnt that great
4. O line needs to pass protect better, run blocking is fine.
5. Jantz's fumble, what a kick in the balls.

Go beat Mizzou guys, I think we can do it.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Good things
1. Schematically we didnt do too bad, Kendall Writght was shut down, RGIII was ok, not as explosive as he had been.
2. Leonard was laying the wood, obviously learned how to contain emotion.
3. Minus Jantz fumble we cleaned it up a lot in 7 days, without fumble we are right in it.
4. Money is darn good, as good as Blythe
5 James White, good game buddy, keep it up.

Bad things
1. We got tired on d, happens when multiple 3 and outs happen
2. Mahoney should be on suicide watch what is wrong with this kid, his head is all messed up.
3. We need to sustain drives to give d a break, Baylors d wasnt that great
4. O line needs to pass protect better, run blocking is fine.
5. Jantz's fumble, what a kick in the balls.

Go beat Mizzou guys, I think we can do it.

Pretty good assessment. My thoughts:

Good things
1. Jake Freaking Knott. If the kid doesn't go out on a stretcher, he comes back in the next play. Hats off to you
2. I agree on James White. What a player. Breakaway speed? He has it.
3. Surprisingly enough, I think the defense did better than the stats show. Baylor has one hell of an offense, and with more help from our offense in field position, they may have done enough to win it.
4. Money is becoming a great receiver

Bad things
1. Not sure if it's the play calls or if Jantz just doesn't like looking/throwing over the middle, but it seemed that most of the passes were to the sideline or very short. He played reasonably well today, but is still learning I think
2. Horrible call on the RGIII fumble, and on the late pass interference. Evidently our db's aren't allowed to touch anyone, and evidently the pass doesn't have to be catchable. Not what lost the game, but cmon refs.
3. Holy kicking fiasco, Batman.
4. I thought the mix of play calling needed to be more aggressive. I loved the flea flicker to start though

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We need a womens soccer kicker for extra points for the rest of season.

1Cy

Sep 5, 2011
We need a womens soccer kicker for extra points for the rest of season.

Lets use one of those sought after scholarships of ours on a kicker(a good one...really frickin good, offer him some free nikes and under armor too)...i am sooooo tired of crossing my fingers with my heart in my throat every time the field goal unit takes the field.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
I am completely OK with this. If she can make extra points, that is.

....and she can wear yoga pants on the sideline?

sexy-girls-yoga-pants-6.jpg

1Cy

Sep 5, 2011
At least if she missed, she would look pretty. THe first miss looked like a lead foot who just got off the golf course. It was ugly. Maybe he needs to kick barefoot.

i think he needs to have a few drinks before the game. That dude is all up in his own head.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Unreliable field goal kicking is frustrating, but if that's the way it is, you roll the dice and go for it instead of trying a FG.

Extra points are another matter. A solid kicker can have a mulligan during an entire season. It should be rare to miss, and doesn't Mahoney now have two games with multiple misses? That should not happen with a third-year place-kicker.

Even a chip-shot FG whiff once in a while can be excused if it's a hard angle from the hash. Extra points — no.

Mahoney is fine for kickoffs and seems adept at very long field goals. It doesn't seem like he's locked up the full position based on performance to date.

Help Support Us

Become a patron