Observations from our win over the Kliff Notes

Observations from Our Win Over the Kliff Notes (multiple choice)

• Total voters

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The only game I’ve seen with:
- three interceptions and...
- amount blocked for a touchdown and...
- QB fumble for defensive touchdown and...
- INT returned for a touchdown and...
- a safety
That’s a lot of defensive points.

Thought all of the play calling was as predictable and vanilla as it comes. Don’t remember a single RPO play all day.

Wish the defense was turned loose more throughout the game. Whatever strategy employed in the last drive before halftime on defense should be burnt and never used again.

Give Klinger Credit...his offense does some entertaining stuff.

We had at least two ineligible down field penalties on RPO’s where Purdy couldn’t throw it quickly.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Just got done watching for the first time on DVR.

Bye week not good, all the juice from two weeks ago was gone, kinda like starting the season over again.

(Bye week obvious good things of youth devolopment and healing not withstanding)

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm not sure where I see any push off on Butler's TD, small or not. The defender was draped all over him at the start of the route. Here's a clip (should start about 3:30)

That’s because that clip doesn’t show the up close replay. He definitely pushes him at about 3:38. Watch the full replay and ESPN showed a replay that blatantly shows it.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
That’s because that clip doesn’t show the up close replay. He definitely pushes him at about 3:38. Watch the full replay and ESPN showed a replay that blatantly shows it.
Yeah, he definitely pushed off. I think the ref let them play through it because the Tech defender was also all over him earlier in the route.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree DM up the middle 30+ times was not working. I don't get it, DM is about impossible to tackle in space yet ISU doesn't run him outside on pitches or throw to him coming out of the backfield (rarely) need to start.

Yeah his best runs were when he got to the edge although I'm not sure it was designed.

I said this in the game thread but DM seems to dance just a bit more than needed on those inside plays.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not sure where I see any push off on Butler's TD, small or not. The defender was draped all over him at the start of the route. Here's a clip (should start about 3:30)

Maybe just a bit but he probably also wanted his other arm/hand available to catch the ball.

Side note imo ESPN is better at portraying the atmosphere of a place after a TD, ex. Spears's return. I didn't pick up on the atmosphere nearly as much in the WV game and apparently the place was going bonkers.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
The only game I’ve seen with:
- three interceptions and...
- a punt blocked for a touchdown and...
- QB fumble for defensive touchdown and...
- INT returned for a touchdown and...
- a safety
That’s a lot of defensive points.

Thought all of the play calling was as predictable and vanilla as it comes. Don’t remember a single RPO play all day.

Wish the defense was turned loose more throughout the game. Whatever strategy employed in the last drive before halftime on defense should be burnt and never used again.

Give Klinger Credit...his offense does some entertaining stuff.

I'm hoping Heacock and Campbell are showing us only just what they need to get the job done until we see Texas and then...BOOM! Only to be superseded by the game plan for the Big 12 Championship Game.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

52342cyclone

Sep 13, 2011
Toledo, IA
Maybe just a bit but he probably also wanted his other arm/hand available to catch the ball.

Side note imo ESPN is better at portraying the atmosphere of a place after a TD, ex. Spears's return. I didn't pick up on the atmosphere nearly as much in the WV game and apparently the place was going bonkers.

I was at both. the crowd for Tech was nowhere close to what the WV game was, in terms of being loud, cheering on every down on D, etc. Way better at WV game. I havent watched this one on TV yet, but at the stadium it didn't compare.

• Agree
Reactions: bos

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Huge win for the team. Not as huge as Nate Stanley, but still huge.

Supports ISU. Insults Iowa. And makes a fat joke about their QB. This is about as close to a perfect poll choice as I'm ever going to see.

Last edited:

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

The thumbnail of that video was not a catch.
Butler pushed off but its not as blatant as Tech fans seem to believe

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I was at both. the crowd for Tech was nowhere close to what the WV game was, in terms of being loud, cheering on every down on D, etc. Way better at WV game. I havent watched this one on TV yet, but at the stadium it didn't compare.

Night and day(morning).