Now On To Kansas State

CySanka3

Jan 15, 2014
Chicago
A part of me will die inside if K State is the one to end KU's streak. My hatred toward the color purple has never been more intense than it has been of late. Please go away purple kitties, go frolic under the tires of a combine.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
A part of me will die inside if K State is the one to end KU's streak. My hatred toward the color purple has never been more intense than it has been of late. Please go away purple kitties, go frolic under the tires of a combine.
I guess I gotta acknowledge they were screwed from breaking it in 2013. Streak should have ended at 9. The refs screwed us that year in Ames and that ended up screwing KSU out of an outright title. Really I guess they deserve it and they also have a great team this year.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
1 word - ZONE!
I agree, but not sure we work on it enough to be any good at it. We have had several games now where a reasonably effective zone might have helped us. kSU has some guys that we will have trouble staying in front of.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I agree, but not sure we work on it enough to be any good at it. We have had several games now where a reasonably effective zone might have helped us. kSU has some guys that we will have trouble staying in front of.
Hopefully with a week off, they can put in some work to be better in zone.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
This news could really impact the B12 race.

@jeffborzello Kansas State guard Cartier Diarra is out indefinitely after suffering a hand injury that will require surgery, per the school.

• Winner
Reactions: randomfan44

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
This news could really impact the B12 race.

@jeffborzello Kansas State guard Cartier Diarra is out indefinitely after suffering a hand injury that will require surgery, per the school.

He has been a huge spark for them off the bench lately.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I suppose ISU wins this because that is what KU needs to stumble to another title, and I'm convinced that the universe wants that to happen. What else could explain TCUs games against us and KU the last week?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I guess I gotta acknowledge they were screwed from breaking it in 2013. Streak should have ended at 9. The refs screwed us that year in Ames and that ended up screwing KSU out of an outright title. Really I guess they deserve it and they also have a great team this year.
There is no guarantee that KSU wouldnt have seen themselves alone atop the standings and pooped themselves in one more game. Assuming that nothing else would change if you change one result is simpleton logic.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I suppose ISU wins this because that is what KU needs to stumble to another title, and I'm convinced that the universe wants that to happen. What else could explain TCUs games against us and KU the last week?
Maybe Iowa State's lethargic defensive effort allowing 90+ points played a more prominent role in TCU's win than "the universe".

If Iowa State comes out and plays defense with effort and intensity and takes care of the ball they can win at KSU for sure. I dont see anyone on the ISU roster preventing Wade from getting 25 but if you can keep the KSU guards from driving they will jack up dumb shots. Play like they did @TT and ISU wins.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Well, as always, K-State loses a player, Cartier Diarra. Broken finger. Out 3-4 weeks.
My heart goes out to you. And Diarra. And Dok and DeSousa and Garrett and Vick...

KSU has been crazy lucky in when they have gotten teams this year. Maybe this Diarra injury balances that out a bit and brings KSU back to the pack. Should be interesting.