Notre Dame suspends four starters - academic fraud suspected

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I never got the idea of punishing a program by making them vacate wins, does that actually matter to anyone?

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
So if this is proven, and they have proof of who cheated strip the degrees from those that have them that shouldn't. Punish the football team by reducing scholarships, no bowl games and major fines. Also make sure those that cheated and got degrees count double against the rules for graduation rates.

If I am an alum of a school and this was pervasive I would want the college to take action against the students, let the NCAA deal with the football team or AD.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
I never got the idea of punishing a program by making them vacate wins, does that actually matter to anyone?

Well, the benefit for ND is they can officially forget that the 2012 title game never happened.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wonder what Mike Golic will say about this tomorrow?

Probably that everyone is doing it, but ND was the only school with enough integrity to turn themselves in. And it will make me want to barf.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I wonder what Mike Golic will say about this tomorrow?

Probably that everyone is doing it, but ND was the only school with enough integrity to turn themselves in. And it will make me want to barf.

Greeny will then say something nasaly and they'll talk about the NFL for the remaing 3 hours and 58 minutes of the show.