Northwestern athletics issues

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Yeah. Looks pretty awesome:
Steinkamp3_68.jpg
Now do the middle of December drawing with ice and snow covering everything.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Now that we’ve made big money contractual obligations part of the game, not sure how much I fault these guys for making sure they get all the money they’re legally owed.

The optics though…oof

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
What doesn't make sense is if no new info came to light how do you go from 2 week summer "suspension" to fired.

Really strange.

Regardless, the best coach and player in program history has been fired, I don't envy the next guy
How does it go from suspension to termination? The answer seems kind of obvious to me.

After a 7 month investigation, the president tried to sweep this awful mess under the rug with a 2 week suspension. However, after all of the disgusting details started to be publicly reported, the president knew he had to "reevaluate the situation" and change the punishment to termination to save his own ass.

And now the lawyers from both sides will enter the room to fight over the millions of dollars.

There are no noble persons in this ugly mess.

Last edited:

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
How does it go from suspension to termination? The answer seems kind of obvious to me.

After a 7 month investigation, the president tried to sweep this awful mess under the rug with a 2 week suspension. However, after all of the disgusting details started to be publicly reported, the president knew he had to "reevaluate the situation" and change the punishment to termination to save his own ass.

And now the lawyers from both sides will enter the room to fight over the millions of dollars.

There are no noble persons in this ugly mess.
Except those who came forward

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I hope he was fired because he's actually a terrible person and not because of the low amount of wins, recently.
I hope he was fired because he had big/multiple failures. Hoping someone is a terrible person is a little gross.

I understand the point you were trying to make though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I hope he was fired because he had big/multiple failures. Hoping someone is a terrible person is a little gross.

I understand the point you were trying to make though.
Yeah, I don't "hope he's gross" just hope that wins weren't more important than the truth.
Kind of tough to describe.

Reactions: ScottyP

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Mike Freeman USA Today

Not backing down..........
How the mighty have fallen, from 5 days ago.
WHOA--
"When you hire a turd to be your head coach,,,,,,,"

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Would anything have happened to Fitzgerald if they had won the B1G title last year?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Weird that they're bringing back the entire staff minus the HC. Didn't you fire the guy for creating a toxic culture but you're bringing back the staff that at minimum enabled him.

This is some Gary Barta level incompetence and I think they're going to be writing a ginormous check to Fitzgerald before this is all done.

The NU president knows more than I do about this so I won't say it was the wrong decision but they've gone about it as poorly as possible. I guess the only thing worse would be them changing their minds again but even they are not that incompetent.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Weird that they're bringing back the entire staff minus the HC. Didn't you fire the guy for creating a toxic culture but you're bringing back the staff that at minimum enabled him.

This is some Gary Barta level incompetence and I think they're going to be writing a ginormous check to Fitzgerald before this is all done.

The NU president knows more than I do about this so I won't say it was the wrong decision but they've gone about it as poorly as possible. I guess the only thing worse would be them changing their minds again but even they are not that incompetent.
Fall camp opens in a few weeks. Don't you think it's a little late to be firing the entire staff and hiring an entirely new staff?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron