North Dakota BB game

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I don't mean to sound like a smart a** or anything but if what you say is true than I wonder why we don't play more d2 schools. It seems like we have at least 3 or 4 games every year against (for lack of a better term) "teams we should beat". If RPI is what really counts in getting to post season play why even schedule a team that has a reputation of a bad RPI.

No prob...what I say is true. It's a catch 22. You want games you know you'll win so you can build confidence and (or) build up on the win total. The problem with wins over lousy d1 teams is that they don't help (and can hurt) your rpi...the problem with scheduling a lot of d2 opponents that don't hurt your rpi or strength of schedule is that the wins don't count in the criteria the selection committe uses.

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
last D2 school i remember playing was morningside and they almost beat us because all they did was shoot threes and make them it would be scary if this is the same type of team

lomashad

Oct 19, 2006
last D2 school i remember playing was morningside and they almost beat us because all they did was shoot threes and make them it would be scary if this is the same type of team

I remember that game. Didn't it go to overtime? I was freakin out!!

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
I Was kinda worried until i checked out there schedule and seen they've beatin nobodies and then realized that there head coach was an assitant underneath Alford for 5 years @ Iowa so he has retained Coaching knowledge from Steve Alford awesome