Nisleit - uniform ?

Row55

Feb 21, 2009
A frivolous question, I know, but here goes: I've seen the team on TV a couple of times this season. What is the deal with Amanda Nisleit's bunched-up game shorts and twisted shoulders on the jersey? Lindsey Medders did the same thing a couple of years ago, is it some sort of tribute? Looks kind of geeky, IMHO, but maybe there's a reason.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Maybe she doesn't like the feeling of the shorts on her knees? I think it was last season I was poking fun at her for always peeling the legs of her shorts up...

Row55

Feb 21, 2009
Certainly as good a reason as any. I'm not a fan of the current game "shorts" for either men or women.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
No tribute, she just likes it better. She's been asked about it a few times. I think she said she did something similar in high school.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The twisted shoulders is actually fairly common. Several past ISU players have done it. I've seen a few other people do the shorts thing, but it still looks weird.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Certainly as good a reason as any. I'm not a fan of the current game "shorts" for either men or women.

Would you rather be watching this all game?

john-stockton-300b0518.jpg

Mmm, that's hot.

Row55

Feb 21, 2009
Yup, happy medium. I thought the Jordan-era mid-thighs were about right until everyone started wearing compression shorts. So, I'll go with just long enough to cover the compression shorts.

I'm waiting for the first guy to get injured from getting his foot caught in his shorts. Won't be too long at the rate we're going (thanks Nike :no:).

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I think the shorts over the knees is uncomfortable personally, and is hot(temp wise). Even Nadal who had that look as his trademark is wearing over the knee shorts now for comfort reasons. Frankly, I think right above the knee is long enough, and I too am waiting for someone to get hurt with the loose clothing.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The best is when Shaq got in trouble for wearing to long shorts by the league standard. So he went and got some John Stockton esk style shorts and was wearing them while awnsering questions from reporters.

I also like the new scrabble commercial with Shaq. "Where are you getting all those Q's".