NFL: NFL to partner with Amazon to stream Thursday night games

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797854/article/nfl-amazon-prime-announce-tnf-streaming-deal

Amazon Prime members will be able to stream all of the NFL's Thursday night games for the 2017 season. Games will still be simulcast on NBC/CBS and the NFL Network. It's a one year, fifty million dollar agreement. Seems like a pretty good deal for the NFL - last year, Twitter paid ten million for the same rights. Amazon gives the NFL a much bigger streaming base. Hopefully it's a good test run for Amazon to figure out the best practices for streaming live sports so that when they make that monster deal with the Big 12 in 2024 they're ready to go. ;)

Reactions: cyfanatic

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I don't have Prime, but as a Netflix and Hulu subscriber I am very interested at what type of viewership Amazon gets and what it could mean for other sports streaming. My dream of a Big 12 Network on Netflix may be closer to reality.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yippee! Those games are usually so exciting!

Last year was a disaster. But in the past the games have generally been interesting, if not particularly well played or executed. The short week just doesn't give players enough time to recover and get ready for the next game. I don't think the sloppiness will ever go away, but it could be much better by simply having some intriguing matchups.

Help Support Us

Become a patron