Next coach options?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Phil Montgomery would be great. As long as we could find a rock star DC to come with him. His defense has been unproven.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Sooooo many people have turned their tides on Rhoads, he gone imo

Ty13rGross

Apr 22, 2015
PJ Fleck would be an ideal option. I know Illinois fans want him there. He's young and a very strong recruiter.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I hope we rip the BandAid off quickly and get someone hired. Sooner the better then they can get on with recruiting quickly.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Les Miles is going to be fired at LSU. They are tired of him and today's loss likely solidifies it. He knows the Big 12 well as former Okie State coach. He coaches a traditional style of football that we need to embrace and have finally started to this season. You never know what he's going to do and we would play to win instead of our famous play to lose.

We might be able to get him at a reasonable price as a Power 5 school offering him immediately upon being fired.

I'm half joking. I don't know if he's a good fit for Ames.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Les Miles is going to be fired at LSU. They are tired of him and today's loss likely solidifies it. He knows the Big 12 well as former Okie State coach. He coaches a traditional style of football that we need to embrace and have finally started to this season. You never know what he's going to do and we would play to win instead of our famous play to lose.

We might be able to get him at a reasonable price as a Power 5 school offering him immediately upon being fired.

Of course Les Miles would be great but I think he'll have better options available to him. Missouri and South Carolina could probably pay more and give him a chance to stay in the SEC but move to the easier East.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC

Mad hatter > river boat gambler

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
I haven't seen his name thrown around but Todd Monken might be someone to consider. I don't know a lot about him, but he's turned Southern Miss around from an 0-12 season three years ago to playing for a division title next week. He's from the midwest and has Big 12 experience (OC for oSu's 2011 team). I get the same feeling about him as I had about Justin Fuente last year.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
There won't be a single name we've heard of who will be interested.

Why is that? We have talent- young talent. We have a great indoor facility, brand new weight room, brand new locker room, new huge hd jumbo trons, great stadium, and unreal fan base. Why isn't that attractive?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Why is that? We have talent- young talent. We have a great indoor facility, brand new weight room, brand new locker room, new huge hd jumbo trons, great stadium, and unreal fan base. Why isn't that attractive?

Because you get to play 10 Power 5 teams every year and are 1000 miles away from most of the high school talent.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Of course Les Miles would be great but I think he'll have better options available to him. Missouri and South Carolina could probably pay more and give him a chance to stay in the SEC but move to the easier East.

I highly doubt South Carolina would hire him, but I agree that Mizzou would be an interesting job for him to take over.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Left the boards for a while to get some work done. I come back & Rhoads hasn't been fired yet??? God damn it Jamie, pull the ******* trigger.

I'd like to see the opposite of McCarney & Rhoads: a pro style offensive minded coach with head coaching experience, ties to the Midwest, but absolutely no previous affiliation to Iowa State. This program is psychologically cursed. Losing so many close games has become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Every time we lose momentum, the hand wringing begins and everyone starts expecting the worst. It's ******* incredible. It doesn't happen to anyone else like it happens to ISU, and someone needs to come in and ******* BREAK that mentality. Punch back for ******'s sake.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I think Leath needs to be in on this one. JP has no clue what a P5 fb coach looks like. That looked like peewee dad coaching. Lose by failure to verify down marker against OSU - don't center the ball for your fg kicker at Toledo - failure to take a knee today. He has NO CLUE! Who is Navy's coach? Why aim low? If you want butts in seats then CPR has to go!

I noticed today that Skeletor knew how to do this. :dull:

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Whoever gets the job, I'll be exceedingly happy and excited as it's not CPR. I have confidence in Leath to find the right guy. You only gotta look to basketball and see Leath overruling Pollard to hiring Prohm over Otz. Pollard hires whoever is his friend or will be his friend. **** that ****. Give me an ******* winner

ISU1294

Apr 29, 2011
We need an offensive minded coach, we play in the Big 12 for goodness sake. We've hired defensive minded coaches in the past and look how that's worked out...

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
BO PELINI. Offer him 3m a year and if he says no he says no. IF Les Miles get's fired, he'll have 10 other options, but I'd at least give him a ring as well. Neither have much of a chance.

Last edited: