New wrestling facility put on hold - Jamie Pollard statement

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Am I wrong to assume that the amount athletes receive in a "revenue sharing" scenario will be directly tied to the revenue the sport brings in? Football gets 75%, men's basketball gets 20% & everything else gets the remaining 5%? No way a men's track athlete gets the same revenue sharing payment that a football player gets.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Am I wrong to assume that the amount athletes receive in a "revenue sharing" scenario will be directly tied to the revenue the sport brings in? Football gets 75%, men's basketball gets 20% & everything else gets the remaining 5%? No way a men's track athlete gets the same revenue sharing payment that a football player gets.
Mens track may not exist in order to fund the above 95%

Reactions: Cyclonsin

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
That was what I was wondering.
I am curious if wrestling could still raise it's own NIL money for wrestling. I assume we will still be at 9.9 scholarships and I can see most of the AD money going to Football and Men's BB. Both have Full scholarships for their rosters.

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
I am curious if wrestling could still raise it's own NIL money for wrestling. I assume we will still be at 9.9 scholarships and I can see most of the AD money going to Football and Men's BB. Both have Full scholarships for their rosters.
That’s the direction I was heading. Hopefully it can survive with private support if needed.

Reactions: buf87

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I am probably being naive, but was there another option for scaling back the amenities upfront on the new wrestling facility to reduce the initial investment? It seems that keeping the momentum from recent success is important, and how far would half the $20 million have gone? Perhaps delay some of the comfort creatures to a later phase? Scrapping the entire project seems shortsighted.
I believe the university was going to buy the structure for approximately $15 million and the renos were $5 million, give or take

• Agree
Reactions: buf87

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Does anyone know if the sound system upgrades in JTS and new video boards will still happen or did that get axed too?