Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Time for a recumbent or a trike. You would be sitting in a more natural position for the head and neck.

Would not feel safe in one of those. Too low and don't maneuver well. Option might be a very upright hybrid, one with higher bars that mine.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Not drinking much alcohol lately given all of the drugskis's I taking for the impinged nerve. I do like something with my meal and saw 1919 root beer on sale at my grocery. I almost never drink soda but grabbed a few to sample. Good stuff brewed locally in MN. No corn syrup. No caffeine. Real vanilla. Boxster thumbs up.
The Killebrew root beer is really good too. Is does contain corn syrup but the sugar content is actually pretty low for what it is.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Would not feel safe in one of those. Too low and don't maneuver well. Option might be a very upright hybrid, one with higher bars that mine.
You could get an ELF like one of my neighbors has. I think he rides it practically year round.

Elf-vehicle.jpg

Apparently they are back in business after getting sold off to an energy company in a bankruptcy a few years ago...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Trying to potty train my 3-year old son. He had a #2 accident this morning. I had to spend at least 20 minutes cleaning up sh*t this morning before I headed to work. Not a great start to the week. He did pee on the potty at least.
Potty training went well in our house, it's the reminder to flush and wash hands that's always been the issue.

Reactions: ScottyP

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Potty training went well in our house, it's the reminder to flush and wash hands that's always been the issue.

May the "If it's yellow let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down" is too complicated. ;)

Okay, really only applicable to save water if it's your mostly private solo toilet. Or if don't want to wake a mate with a middle of the night weewee flush.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
May the "If it's yellow let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down" is too complicated. ;)

Okay, really only applicable to save water if it's your mostly private solo toilet. Or if don't want to wake a mate with a middle of the night weewee flush.
The 'ol flood of 93 saying.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not drinking much alcohol lately given all of the drugskis's I taking for the impinged nerve. I do like something with my meal and saw 1919 root beer on sale at my grocery. I almost never drink soda but grabbed a few to sample. Good stuff brewed locally in MN. No corn syrup. No caffeine. Real vanilla. Boxster thumbs up.
Although I'm not a root beer connoisseur by any means, I've always been partial to A&W.

Reactions: jcyclonee

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So if you live in the DSM Metro, or visit often...or unfortunately find yourself in that town out east, Backpocket Brewing brews their own root beer. It is quite excellent.

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY and NWICY