New Uniforms

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
Is there any pictures or postings of new Uniforms that people have submitted to the Athletic Department?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
There are seveal threads were people have "made" uniforms...I'm not sure if any were actually submitted to the AD though.

Here's One

Here's Another

Now...has anyone ever answered that question about the number of student tickets included in the current total?

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
I really would like it if they had gold helmets with the same logo, no stripe and cardinal or grey facemasks. I saw the throwback uni's last night, and I like the gold in the pants yet the helmet color is horrible!!

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Now...has anyone ever answered that question about the number of student tickets included in the current total?

Thank You! I needed a good chuckle after the way this week has been going. :angry6wn: to this :biggrin9gp:

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
I'm kind of hoping for a radical change. Keep the general logo and colors, but spice it up a little and make us look sleek. I wouldn't mind a little bit of black to outline borders and a deep red metallic paint on the helmets.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
There are already 2 Big 12 teams with gold helmets and 2 with red helmets, so I would opt for yellow with a red cyclone on one side and a red throw back "I" on the opposite side. The pants should be definitely white (shows dirt and grass better and looks classic) with a copius amount of trim - the wedge shape of the trim along the side could be construed as a narrow cyclone. I also like the side trim on the jerseys. For those who like ketchup and mustard, the yellow hemet gives you that, but yellow pants and helmet would be overkill IMO.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
There are already 2 Big 12 teams with gold helmets and 2 with red helmets, so I would opt for yellow with a red cyclone on one side and a red throw back "I" on the opposite side. The pants should be definitely white (shows dirt and grass better and looks classic) with a copius amount of trim - the wedge shape of the trim along the side could be construed as a narrow cyclone. I also like the side trim on the jerseys. For those who like ketchup and mustard, the yellow hemet gives you that, but yellow pants and helmet would be overkill IMO.

In the words of Dan McCarney "He must have been smoking some good weed" when you posted that...

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN

Two teams w/ Red Helmets? Who? Obviously ISU has red, but nobody else does....if you're referrring to OU, they are NOT red. They're Maroon. There is a big difference between OU's color and ours.

IMO, nobody but ISU has red helmets and that's why I think we should keep red helmets. I really like our current helmets with the Cardinal colored metallic paint & the white face masks (Logo cold be adjusted). I do, however, think thre rest of the uniform should be re-done.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Wow. I figured no one wanted white pants, but I kind of thought the helmet color change was a foregone conclusion. I do agree that cardinal red should be the primary color for ISU, but the helmets are by far the most notable part of the uniform and a comprehensive change is expected. Guess I'm tired of the red-red-red look.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Two teams w/ Red Helmets? Who? Obviously ISU has red, but nobody else does....if you're referrring to OU, they are NOT red. They're Maroon. There is a big difference between OU's color and ours.
Gotta disagree with you on this. OU's helmets are crimson, not maroon. Their official school colors are crimson and cream. Crimson is a deep, dark shade of red. On the color palette, crimson isn't all that far off from cardinal. So I would say that OU's helmets ARE red, albeit a darker shade than we wear. Now Texas A&M, their school colors are maroon and white, and their helmets are definitely maroon. Maroon is technically a deep shade of red -- even darker than crimson. So, in a sense, there are two other Big 12 schools besides ISU with red helmets, but we're the only team in the Big 12 that wears "ketchup." :rolleyes5cz:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Gotta disagree with you on this. OU's helmets are crimson, not maroon. Their official school colors are crimson and cream. Crimson is a deep, dark shade of red. On the color palette, crimson isn't all that far off from cardinal.

Indeed. Oklahoma's "crimson" is only one number different than ISU's "cardinal" on the Pantone color chart.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Gotta disagree with you on this. OU's helmets are crimson, not maroon. Their official school colors are crimson and cream. Crimson is a deep, dark shade of red. On the color palette, crimson isn't all that far off from cardinal. So I would say that OU's helmets ARE red, albeit a darker shade than we wear. Now Texas A&M, their school colors are maroon and white, and their helmets are definitely maroon. Maroon is technically a deep shade of red -- even darker than crimson. So, in a sense, there are two other Big 12 schools besides ISU with red helmets, but we're the only team in the Big 12 that wears "ketchup." :rolleyes5cz:

It doesn't matter whether our red is cardinal or crimson. With the yellow, we'll always be labeled as "ketchup and mustard." The difference is the brand of ketchup - Heinz 57 vs. Hunt's.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
how bout we quit trying to be like Oklahoma and be Iowa State... RED on RED is hot... i dont care what SI says.. i like it. Ill be sad to see it go... our most recent ledgends wore red on red.. Seneca in The run, Lane Danielson in his imfamous reverses, JJ Moses, Todd Blythe, Bret Meyer, Ellis Hobbs, Tim Dobbins, DeAndre Jackson. Red on Red is different, and i like it i dont want to be Dark on White... every team in the US does that crap for the most part. Modern Cardinal on gold i can probably settle for, but id like to see the red on red live on another day

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Ironic that your pic of Ace shows red on white. IMO we should accentuate the trim more, if the uni-color is kept. Otherwise, what are we supposedly changing?

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I guess I'm wondering why we're worried about being red on red or red on white. I think the guidelines I found here
clearly say that we're having cardinal at home, white on the road, and gold pants.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron