New Uniforms

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008
moz-screenshot-1.png
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200711/20071109pdwvu1108c_330.jpg

I think the WVU all gold uni's look good. Maybe we are on to something.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
yellow top white pants, NO.

images

You have to do cardinal pants or gold pants. Otherwise the yellow looks like you enjoyed St. Patty's day too much and threw up all your yellowy beer and it stopped at the belt. Thus ruining your white top.

dmb341

Nov 23, 2009
The players saw the gold uniforms in the equipment room around the time of the flood and were told they didn't see anything...

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Eww

screenshot20101028at653.png
screenshot20101028at653.png

These are not exactly our shade of gold but I don't think it would matter.

I was hoping someone could do a work-up so I could see how it would look.

I would be much more in favor of this if the helmets were gold/yellow, too, and then go all out — yellow helmet, jersey & pants.

But a lot of people hate yellow jerseys. I happen to like them (when Oregon does that, among its 5,700 other combos) I think it looks cool. Partly because yellow jerseys aren't common.

If this rumor is true, I'm with the others who said it'd be better to do it vs. Nebraska.

Unless they're trying it as a homecoming gimmick and hoping to test the "jinx factor." If KU upsets ISU, then we'll never see it again. If we win 52-2, it could be a go.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I also wish we would get white pants because away uniforms white on white are pretty sweet usually. It would be sweet to get something like arkansas's white pants and mix them with our white jerseys, without copying of course and making the pants mesh with the more classic look of our jerseys.

I hate white-on-white for jersey/pants when a team's secondary color is non-white. It relegates the secondary color to meaningless. I suppose if there's enough use of the secondary as "accent," it could work well.

I usually prefer helmets to match pants, home or away, and then it's just a flip-flop of the jersey —*especially if the helmet base is the secondary color. I think our home uniforms are awesome, except for the red helmet. (If it was yellow, "readability/contrast" would still be an issue (that's another post entirely) but those pesky USC comparisons would drop significantly)

Even though our current road-game unis match helmet-to-pants, I think it downplays the gold too much. The original redesign prototypes I saw claimed red pants were the "alternate" for road games —*but has ISU ever worn gold pants on the road in the Rhoads era?

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I hate white-on-white for jersey/pants when a team's secondary color is non-white. It relegates the secondary color to meaningless. I suppose if there's enough use of the secondary as "accent," it could work well.

I usually prefer helmets to match pants, home or away, and then it's just a flip-flop of the jersey —*especially if the helmet base is the secondary color. I think our home uniforms are awesome, except for the red helmet. (If it was yellow, "readability/contrast" would still be an issue (that's another post entirely) but those pesky USC comparisons would drop significantly)

Even though our current road-game unis match helmet-to-pants, I think it downplays the gold too much. The original redesign prototypes I saw claimed red pants were the "alternate" for road games —*but has ISU ever worn gold pants on the road in the Rhoads era?

I don't think we have since going to the new Uniform/logos

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have heard that the Cyclones will be sporting brand new GOLD uniforms this saturday against Kansas. They will be wearing the cardinal helmets along with the gold pants. Has anyone else heard about this and/or what are your thoughts about it?

And a tree just fell in a forest 1,000 miles away.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I do not understand what the obession is with White on White.... that is just awful. Represent your colors, don't try to scare the other team into thinking you're a bunch of ghosts

Also... I REALLY don't get the people talking like this is a permenant change :arghh:

Gold on Gold could be sweet for a one game kind of thing

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Man, good thing he doesn't have anything better to do. I swear, some people email JP to figure out what they are going to have for dinner.

I regularly email JP for suggestions on what to wear to work. He has great taste in clothes, albeit a bit pricey for my salary...

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I was hoping someone could do a work-up so I could see how it would look.

I would be much more in favor of this if the helmets were gold/yellow, too, and then go all out — yellow helmet, jersey & pants.

But a lot of people hate yellow jerseys. I happen to like them (when Oregon does that, among its 5,700 other combos) I think it looks cool. Partly because yellow jerseys aren't common.

If this rumor is true, I'm with the others who said it'd be better to do it vs. Nebraska.

Unless they're trying it as a homecoming gimmick and hoping to test the "jinx factor." If KU upsets ISU, then we'll never see it again. If we win 52-2, it could be a go.

do-not-want.jpg

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
They could go back to the cardinal/cardinal look like in the early 2000s.:wink:
Boy, I hope that smiley meant you were kidding. Those unis could be the ugliest unis ever not associated with Syracuse or Wyoming.