New Uniforms Revealed

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
313psvl.jpg

I tend to agree that some cardinal/gold added to the blacks would be good, but the more I see the alternates we wore the more I like their simplicity...still a "storm" template, plenty of cardinal and gold on field, stands, tv graphics, etc.

In addition to the edits above, the Simpson College (Indianola, IA) uniforms look a lot like what has been suggested:

upload_2018-10-16_9-16-53.png upload_2018-10-16_9-17-26.png

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I tend to agree that some cardinal/gold added to the blacks would be good, but the more I see the alternates we wore the more I like their simplicity...still a "storm" template, plenty of cardinal and gold on field, stands, tv graphics, etc.

In addition to the edits above, the Simpson College (Indianola, IA) uniforms look a lot like what has been suggested:

View attachment 59085 View attachment 59086

giphy.gif

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

View attachment 59085 View attachment 59086

today iowa fans we'll be saying we're trying to copy simpson

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
I am not sure so please help me. Were our original colors black and white? Do teams confer about unis before they play? It seems like WV white vs ISU Black was predetermined. This should be done more IMHO. If black, grey,gold, ...pink tutus, helps recruiting- I’m in.

Iowa State's (Iowa Agricultural College/Iowa State College's) colors were Silver, Gold and Black until 1899, when they made the change to Cardinal and Gold.

https://www.isualum.org/s/565/17/interior.aspx?sid=565&gid=1&pgid=2534

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Just saw that Nebraska is doing alternate uniforms yet this year. This version is going back to the first year of Memorial Stadium in the year 1918. Say what you want about the school, their record, their coach, their nickname- but what I really want to point out here is look at the dark vertical stripes they have under their numbers. These uniforms going back to the same era as Jack Trice and now seeing an actual uniform incorporate the vertical stripe it would be pretty sweet if ISU could pull off a commemorative uniform for JT's 100 year anniversary coming up in a couple years.

NEB THROWBACK.jpg

canker2323

Oct 22, 2006
What Cheer, IA
Just saw that Nebraska is doing alternate uniforms yet this year. This version is going back to the first year of Memorial Stadium in the year 1918. Say what you want about the school, their record, their coach, their nickname- but what I really want to point out here is look at the dark vertical stripes they have under their numbers. These uniforms going back to the same era as Jack Trice and now seeing an actual uniform incorporate the vertical stripe it would be pretty sweet if ISU could pull off a commemorative uniform for JT's 100 year anniversary coming up in a couple years.

View attachment 59121

Meh, those suck and so does Nebraska. Shame on you.

• Funny
Reactions: harimad and JP4CY

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa

View attachment 59121

I like them too, here are more pics for those interested. Okay, now back to ISU scheduled programming!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron