Iowa State Uniform Discussions

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I am not sure so please help me. Were our original colors black and white? Do teams confer about unis before they play? It seems like WV white vs ISU Black was predetermined. This should be done more IMHO. If black, grey,gold, ...pink tutus, helps recruiting- I’m in.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Glad we won, but I like Cardinal & Gold.

This is my basic opinion.

We knew the all-black would come, since it's part of the redesign unveiling. It's clean and looked good under the lights. I still hope it's a once-per-year occurrence.

And unless there's a stencil cardinal I-State on the helmet, it shouldn't be used with the current white or cardinal jerseys.

Reactions: SC Cy and tolstoy

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
From Uni-Watch.com (the internet's greatest website dedicated to uniforms)

…You want to know the saddest part about the BFBS Iowa State unis? It’s not a bad uniform in a vacuum. If you applied this to a team that actually has black in their team colors, then it’s actually pretty nice. I’ll even go one step further in saying that if BFBS were an acceptable thing in the uni-verse (it’s not, but follow me for a second), then I would say that it’s actually one of the nicest-looking BFBS uniforms that I’ve ever seen. But again, I’d rather everyone and their mothers crack USC doppelganger jokes than see… THIS. Signed, a Lakers fan that knows this song all too well.

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
This is my basic opinion.

We knew the all-black would come, since it's part of the redesign unveiling. It's clean and looked good under the lights. I still hope it's a once-per-year occurrence.

And unless there's a stencil cardinal I-State on the helmet, it shouldn't be used with the current white or cardinal jerseys.
The red stencil on black helmet may still get "lost." A design like this would look cool (chrome version of the cardinal would be even cooler).
DrafBHelmetCLogo.png

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
313psvl.jpg

But that isn’t what Campbell wanted or they’d have done it that way. Just let the man do what he wants with this team.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The red stencil on black helmet may still get "lost." A design like this would look cool (chrome version of the cardinal would be even cooler).
View attachment 59038

Intriguing. I kinda like that look, but I wonder, does that mesh with the black jersey as it is now (with no cardinal in it?). Would there need to be some subtle white trim somewhere in the logo? I'd like to see the full get-up. Also, would having a cardinal face mask instead of black be too much red?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
White, Red, White. Similar to the 2016 ass whooping :cool:

That'd be my first choice, too.

We haven't applied that combination yet with the new design, so I'd like to see it.

Also, I like to minimize use of cardinal or gold based on opponent's colors, so that's the least "red" we can have at home vs. TT (unless we went radical and did all-white at home, allowable with agreement of both schools).

Edit - I think we'll have all-white at KU.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
T-Rex costumes only cost $50 each, so way cheaper than our uniforms. Band could sell them for Halloween and make money. Rumor is that Homecoming parade may have some in it.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Not sure if this combination has been mentioned before, but here's my wishlist...

Black jersey with red metallic letters and numbers
Black pants
Red chrome helmet with a black stencil I-State logo similar to the red stencil on the white helmets at Akron last year.