New Uniforms Revealed

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
They were also used on White a couple times - this should be the primary helmet logo - this metallic gold looks so much better than the glossy stickers they use today

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
just used it vs texas this year
Interesting, I don't recall that at all and I never miss watching a game. Plus, I thought that Iowa State had a thing about not allowing gold to be bordered with black.

Anybody got a pic of game use of this black helmet with the gold I-State logo?

Thanks.

Reactions: INTENSE_CY

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Interesting, I don't recall that at all and I never miss watching a game. Plus, I thought that Iowa State had a thing about not allowing gold to be bordered with black.

Thanks.
1708105251012.png

• Puke
Reactions: TXCyclones

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

Thanks.
Black and gold are not acceptable in Ames, Iowa.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The jerseys really need the black collar to look right, imo. View attachment 124069
Yes and No. The black collars failed because there were no elements of black in the cardinal helmet or pant.

In this pic, above, and the one below, they used the black helmet with the added cardinal helmet bumper stickers front and back. That was good also. All they needed to improve that would have been black gloves. They didn't.
ISU UNI BlackHelmets w Cardinal1.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
When they did away with the cardinal jersey black collar, and tried to use the black helmet, it worked OK with the cardinal helmet front and back bumper stickers, seen here again, but they once again failed to use black gloves, which would have helped. Incorporate other black, like socks, sleeves, shoes, it would round out the look in a more balanced way.
ISU UNI BlackHelmets w Cardinal2.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So a little more color coordination is all that's needed. Goes with white (or lack of) also.

The ship has sailed now, but back when they did have the cardinal jersey black collar, it would have maybe been more tolerable if they used black stickered helmet bumpers, and black gloves. Simple, and would have looked much better.
ISU UNI Black CardinalHelmetsShouldHaveBlackBumperStickersButDon't.jpg
Or, they could have used black facemasks with this combo. Pretty easy to do also.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You can't please everyone. If we had a gold helmet, many people would probably not like that. I would like it, but only if it was a darker gold.

I like the black. I also like the b/c/c combo. It all comes down to what the coach wants, within certain parameters. Black has been accepted because our current coach, and many others, want it. Fans don't have the greatest say really.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
The jerseys really need the black collar to look right, imo. View attachment 124069
I loved the black collar. That first iteration our "current" uniforms also had smaller numbers, which also looked much better. Overall, that first iteration just looked like the uniforms 'fit' better. Something about the iterations/changes since that first year has the jerseys looking baggy and awkward on certain players.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron