New to ISU football

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Looking for a sports bar.

If I were you, I'd look at a few places (no order):

1. The Other Place off of Lincoln Way and Grand has lots of TVs and decent food.
2. Welch Ave Station on Welch is maybe more of a dive and has more college kids, but it's a fun place.
3. West Town Pub on S. Dakota has decent food, is close to some hotels, but doesn't have a lot of big screens.
4. Sports Page at the old Wallaby's location (West Lincoln Way). Just opening.
5. Wallaby's moved to North Ames and is supposedly pretty nice, but I haven't been there.

Rockclone

Jul 18, 2016

1. The Other Place off of Lincoln Way and Grand has lots of TVs and decent food.
2. Welch Ave Station on Welch is maybe more of a dive and has more college kids, but it's a fun place.
3. West Town Pub on S. Dakota has decent food, is close to some hotels, but doesn't have a lot of big screens.
5. Wallaby's moved to North Ames and is supposedly pretty nice, but I haven't been there.
Thanks for your insight.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looking for a sports bar.

There is a brand new place called Sports Page that is in the former location of Wallaby's. Nice open format. Good for family with kids.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011

Welch Ave Station was my bar of choice in college and I always thought there was a good mix of students/"older" folks, at least when games were on.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Guess you could add Brick City. Welch Ave Station would be the fun choice for me, The Other Place and taco pizza is where I would go fun food.

Edit to add that Brick City is up in Summerset on Stange near the new Wallaby's.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

I think this is your list if you are looking for more of a sports bar. Depending on what weekend you are going to the games, the new Wallaby's location has a really nice rooftop bar set up so it is great for the earlier weekends of the year. But all of these are solid places to try.

Curious about the Sports Page, myself, haven't been to Ames since they made progress on it.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
ISU football must have

images

Rockclone

Jul 18, 2016
Thanks for all the suggestions. We plan on coming to three games this year so will be able to check out a few of these places. I really enjoyed reading this posts over the last few months . Most of you have great knowledge and insight of this program. It has made me more knowledgeable and informative. I'm excited for you as I know how hard these coaches are going to work to make this a winning program! Hope to meet some of you along the way.

Reactions: Cdiedrick

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Welch Ave Station is the best place to watch a game. The only bad thing is they don't take credit cards, so bring cash. Pizza Pit is right above it and you can order it down in Welch Ave Station, which is nice (and Pizza Pit does take credit cards). Still not sure why Welch Ave doesn't, but it's a good place

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron