New to ISU football

Rockclone

Jul 18, 2016
I am a new member to the Cyclone family and will be attending my first ISU game against INU. I am looking for advice on what time do lots open up to tailgate and what is offered from venders around the stadium. I did attend the spring game so I am familiar with the set up. Looking forward to meeting the greatest football fans in the country!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Typical stuff inside the stadium but I wouldn't put all my eating eggs in one basket. I haven't been concerned with food outside the stadium before but I think there are very few vendors there. If you can, bring a grill and do your own thing.

Also, I'm calling them INU forever now. Thank you for that.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I am a new member to the Cyclone family and will be attending my first ISU game against INU. I am looking for advice on what time do lots open up to tailgate and what is offered from venders around the stadium. I did attend the spring game so I am familiar with the set up. Looking forward to meeting the greatest football fans in the country!
Lots are pretty much open as early as you want. I am not sure what time people are allowed to start parking, but as a student I would get up and walk over there right away in the morning and people would be flooding it. There are RV's and other Regulars that set up as early as like Thursday, so they are ready to go right away on Saturday. Welcome to the family.

And, also love the INU call. Whether it was on purpose or not, I am now calling them INU.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Lots open 6 hours before game time I believe. RV lots open on Friday until midnight and then six hours prior for game day.

alars

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago
Donor lots will open at 7am, while public/student lots open 6 hours prior (so 1pm for UNI game).

Definitely recommend bringing a grill rather than eat at Jack Trice. Limited space to set up games at tailgate depending on your spot/how early you arrive.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

The game is against University of Northern Iowa. UNI
Maybe just a typo, or you didn't know.

Hope you enjoy the game. The atmosphere will be awesome.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Cyclonefanatic... the gift that keeps on giving. Welcome aboard! what brought you to cyclone fandom?

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Strap in and enjoy the ride!

Remember:
"Honor Before Victory"

And

"Win or lose, we still booze!"

• Agree
Reactions: TykeClone and cjs24

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Pretty sure most fans will just give you food. Our student and his friends ran us out of alcohol last year and the people next to us even shared that.

Edit to add that if you want a parking spot in student or public lots, UNI is a game to get there early. In state games, the parking is more difficult.

Last edited:

Rockclone

Jul 18, 2016
The INU was a mistake, Not familiar with them but am learning. I'm used to MAC schools. I have heard and read so much about t

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Has rochclone approved this username?