New Rivals 150 ISU Targets 2015

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
E'torrion Wilridge (#95) and Chris Clarke (#103) were reported as targets a while back. Clarke has an offer.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
With any recruit it is always best to pick the field.

Like almost all recruits, it is all about whether we can get them to take that first visit. Once they visit, we always will have a chance.

Grandstaff never made it here before his initial OSU commitment, did he?

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Grandstaff to me seems like he is shooting higher than us. He likes Florida which I can't blame him for that. Good conferance. Great coach. Good location. Basically I get that.

Um- you mean his dad is shooting higher than us....

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I would love Ellenson and/or Illikainen. Especially Ellenson. Whoever can be a Niang like player. Passing and post moves.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't think Diallo is realistic (hope I'm wrong), so I hope Ellenson is our #1 target. Ellenson and Jarvis would be an awesome class. I think we're going to have to get used to having only 1 or 2 guy classes.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I would love Ellenson and/or Illikainen. Especially Ellenson. Whoever can be a Niang like player. Passing and post moves.

Agree with Ellenson. Suppose its going to be tough getting him out of Wisc? Afterall, they're in the elite 8 at the least. Thought I read where Illikainen seems to be leaning elsewhere, but could be worthless chatter.

83cy

May 14, 2006
I don't think Diallo is realistic (hope I'm wrong), so I hope Ellenson is our #1 target. Ellenson and Jarvis would be an awesome class. I think we're going to have to get used to having only 1 or 2 guy classes.[/QUOTE]

why would you think that? With our NCAA results it can only improve.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
I don't think Diallo is realistic (hope I'm wrong), so I hope Ellenson is our #1 target. Ellenson and Jarvis would be an awesome class. I think we're going to have to get used to having only 1 or 2 guy classes.[/QUOTE]

Look at the scholarship chart. We don't have room for more than 1-2 guys in 2015. Long, Nader, McKay, Niang all seniors. Morris and Thomas Juniors. Custer Sophomore. Big recruits will want to play or have a chance.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Trust me guys, my avatar gets me what I want. Grandstaff is ours.

Didn't you have Vaughn's mug on that? Maybe things worked out for you when it was just Pee Wee. Be truthful now, is he locked up in your basement?:wideeyed:

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Grandstaff to me seems like he is shooting higher than us. He likes Florida which I can't blame him for that. Good conferance. Great coach. Good location. Basically I get that.

If we advance another game, Grandstaff may be high on us again. Fred and co. are getting big time exposure.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think the 2015 class could be huge. Fred has been getting players based off of potential. Now he has a really solid track record of results, and is being nationally recognized as an offensive innovator and a guy who lets his players play and gets the most out of them.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Agree with Ellenson. Suppose its going to be tough getting him out of Wisc? Afterall, they're in the elite 8 at the least. Thought I read where Illikainen seems to be leaning elsewhere, but could be worthless chatter.
Rice Lake is a lot closer to University of Minnesota, where his brother is on the track team.

Look at the scholarship chart. We don't have room for more than 1-2 guys in 2015. Long, Nader, McKay, Niang all seniors. Morris and Thomas Juniors. Custer Sophomore. Big recruits will want to play or have a chance.
Big recruits will look at that this summer and next November and say "I have a great chance at playing time". A bunch of unproven guys, role players, and average recruits are not going to scare off top recruits. And we have Georges, not only a great player to be on the court with, but a perfect example of letting talent see the floor from Day 1. You have to remember the teams we are going against have even more competition for playing time.

We will likely have at least 3 openings (Gibson, Edozie, Hogue), maybe even as many as 5 openings with the addition of a 5th year or two this spring plus the normal transfer out. A lot of offensive firepower in our top targets. Hopefully Noskowiak becomes available.
Adding Grandstaff, Noskowiak, Ellenson, Darien Williams (juco), and Johnny Woodard (juco) to Georges, Morris, Long, McKay, Nader, Thomas, Custer, and SDW would make an incredibly talented and complete team.

Last edited:

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

I like 1-2 HS players, 1-2 transfers or JC's per class.

2014 recruiting is definitely not over. I expect 2 more transfers.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
It's not for a lack of ability, its for a lack of necessity. We're not going away from transfers any time soon.
Obviously you take a transfer over a high school project, or even an average high school recruit. We sign the best available, but high school guys sign in November and transfer in the spring. If in the fall we can get talent like Ellenson and Grandstaff, we will sign as many as possible.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Henry Ellenson would be amazing in Fred's system. He has a little bit of Royce in him I think. Big, runs like a gazelle, can handle the ball...fingers crossed that Fred nabs him!

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Henry Ellenson would be amazing in Fred's system. He has a little bit of Royce in him I think. Big, runs like a gazelle, can handle the ball...fingers crossed that Fred nabs him!
A mix between Georges and White. He would dominate with how Fred utilizes and creates mismatches.

If losing Georges did not suck enough due to the fact we had a legit shot at the national title, but it was going to be a showcase to the nation how Fred uses guys like Georges.