New Guy From Kansas

ist8er

Aug 3, 2010
Wichita
Hey everybody. I've been following CF very frequently ever since we won the Nebraska game last year (I've never been happier). I finally decided to make an account and be a part of the site. I just graduated from ISU in May and got a job in Wichita and am ready to make it back to catch some games/tailgate in the fall. I'm really excited to start being a regular poster, and hopefully I can add some useful sarcastic comments. Go Cyclones!

Reactions: Wesley and jsmith86

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Hey everybody. I've been following CF very frequently ever since we won the Nebraska game last year (I've never been happier). I finally decided to make an account and be a part of the site. I just graduated from ISU in May and got a job in Wichita and am ready to make it back to catch some games/tailgate in the fall. I'm really excited to start being a regular poster, and hopefully I can add some useful sarcastic comments. Go Cyclones!
Welcome to the board!

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
FYI: If there is any question that your sarcasm may not be understood you may want to include the :jimlad: This will save you many rippings until you explain yourself.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Welcome, and I hope you survive living in Witchita, good look trooper.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
FYI: If there is any question that your sarcasm may not be understood you may want to include the :jimlad: This will save you many rippings until you explain yourself.

Or just do what I do sometimes and use it on everything. Then people get confused. :jimlad:

fwiw

May 20, 2009

Let's see -- graduated from ISU and working in Wichita -- must be working for one of the aircraft companies?

We lived in Wichita for about 15 years -- plenty of restaurants and shopping, really nice zoo, pretty easy to get around.

They have a pretty big inferiority complex though, always comparing themselves to Omaha and OKC and not liking what they see.

If you like hot summers and mild winters you're in the right place!

ist8er

Aug 3, 2010
Wichita
Watching the Twins games, so I Love your pic of Bert and His shirt.... Welcome!

I stumbled across it online and it made me laugh, so I figured I'd make it my avatar. I'm a huge Twins fan so I decided to try mlb.tv so I could watch their games down here. I absolutely love it.

ist8er

Aug 3, 2010
Wichita
Let's see -- graduated from ISU and working in Wichita -- must be working for one of the aircraft companies?

We lived in Wichita for about 15 years -- plenty of restaurants and shopping, really nice zoo, pretty easy to get around.

They have a pretty big inferiority complex though, always comparing themselves to Omaha and OKC and not liking what they see.

If you like hot summers and mild winters you're in the right place!

You hit the nail on the head. I work at Spirit Aerosystems. I worked there last summer as an intern and didn't enjoy it too much, but that had a lot to do with the apartments we were living in. I'm living in Derby now and I love it. Its just south of Wichita, and it's actually a shorter drive to work than it was last summer. I'm going to enjoy the milder winters, but I'm also going to really miss Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron