New football improvements are great but..

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I assume if I was motivated enough to look through your post history, I would find no criticism.

How is stating one's approval of how donations are made different than questioning if it is best for the long term revenue growth for the ISU AD?

Feel free to look through my post history. Doubt you'll find what you're looking for.

And why do you think you know better than Jamie Pollard or anyone else in the athletic department what is best for the long term growth of the department? That's the arrogance/ignorance I'm talking about.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Can we please stop arguing about this? It's not going to do any good one way or the other. We don't have any say in how the money is spent.

Same team guys, same team!!!

farva.jpg

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
1.) Never is a long time, but it could be awhile.
2.) The question is, why are you ********
3.) Again, how much does ISU's flood insurance go down. Parking is a plus.
4.)??
5.) And I bet you have poor business acumen. Nevertheless, look up hyperbole.
6.) You do not believe that if funding to non-revenue sports would have been decreased, it would freed up enough money over the years to have projects completed earlier and better? Start with the better football offices, The Jake, anything really.
  1. Actually, I was responding to roadhouse and you. I am not ******** about the way the money is being spent. IMO-since JP has been here he has had priorities in line. He spent large amounts of money on FB and MBB and took care of some glaring issues.
  2. It isn't the flood insurance that is the issue. It is the rebuilding cost that will be minimized. Since ISU pays 25%+ of that cost, it is a reduction in expenses.
  3. Yeah, what were you saying
  4. You might be surprised. Besides, this is an athletic department so your business correlation is not correct. And yes, I know college athletics are somewhat of a business. However, that is not totally true and the AD cannot be treated solely as a for profit business. It is not possible. This is where you fail and most on this board have a greater understanding. That is why I listed "State Budgeting" under something you do not understand. It seems you do not understand donations and the ins and outs of aquiring donations. this is one area that is completely different than a normal business and something I deal with on a dialy basis. When is the last time your business has taken a donation from a private entity and had to use it for a certain area. Again, I probably have a better understanding in that regard. In the end, I think JP and Geoffrey have a much better understanding than either of us so I tend to trust them on this. They have proven to me that they know the ins and outs of prioritizing, fundraising, and budgeting.
  5. No, I do not. A lot of these projects are tied directly to earmarked donations. If the projects are not funded with donations, then they will not happen. See Sukup, South Endzone, etc. See #5 for you lack of understanding donations and the world behind them. Still waiting for you to explain what you would like to see the money spent on. JP has done a good job of prioritizing FB and MBB over the last 5 years. The improvements he has made over the last 5 years are nothing short of amazing considering the lack of success on the field. After five years of concentrating solely on FB and MBB, he is making one improvement in 3 non revenue sports while benefitting football. Again, a great way of utilizing earmarked money to benfit more than the desired entity

CyAg

May 22, 2006
This arguing is silly.
Short answer, to be a B12 Div 1 school, we have to have a certain number of mens and womens collegiate sports. Track and soccer are part of this mix.

We have a current track that from what has been describes is unusable, an embarrassment for a B12 institution. The AD has a fiduciary responsibility to maintain and improve all facilities.

We have a donor willing to support a major, major part of it (thank you). The money never would go to FB, and if we do not do it, we then have a track that is an embarrasment and FB will never get a dime.

You might be able to make the argument it could potentially hurt FB, BB donations if it was declined as donors do tend to know each other, and if not, they watch how the school handles things.

I will probably never attend any functions in the facilities, but I can see they are an important part of our future needs as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron