New Donation System In Place

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I've setup a new donation system that will allow us to better recognize those that make donations to the site. From now on when a member makes a donation, they'll automatically be awarded the sponsor image under their name and be included on a donor list that is accessible from the "Quick Links" drop-down on the top navbar or by going to "Donor List" on the left navbar. I'll work on any bugs that may crop-up but hopefully this will help recognize those that have made donations.

I need to know if people that donate would like the amount they donated to be visible or if they'd prefer that to remain hidden. Also, I can accept donations from people that wish to remain off the list for whatever reason.

Note: I'll be working on adding past donors/donations to the list but won't have them added for a few days due to moving later this week.

If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy Lind

Last edited:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I know that I can't donate a whole lot, but I'm sure every little bit counts. I think there should not be amounts posted, but if there are they should be in ranges, like "$25 and under", "$50-100",....up to $1 million.:yes:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I just changed it so there aren't suggested amnts, let me know if that looks better. Thanks for the feedback!

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
Isn't that what marriage is all about? Or do you just refer to it as buttering her up.

Buttering her up or:

ether.jpg

Last edited:

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006
I want to be the Grand Duke of Hilton.....oh, and other people should have to address you as your highness when they quote you:notworthy:

His Grace has a good idea, although my understanding is that the greeting of Your Highness would be reserved for the Monarch (Jeremy) and his closest family.

In addition to the donation-base peerage, there would of course be the Order of Moderation, members of which should be referred to as Sir, unless they hold a higher title in the peerage. The honorable members of this order are held in the utmost confidence by His Highness, and are charged with enforcing good behavior throughout the Kingdom.

Personally, I can’t even imagine ever achieving the level of confidence required to become a member of the Order of Moderation, let alone controlling my own duchy. But how much would it cost to become an Earl?

Sincerely,

Soon to be Lord IceClone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
His Grace has a good idea, although my understanding is that the greeting of Your Highness would be reserved for the Monarch (Jeremy) and his closest family.

In addition to the donation-base peerage, there would of course be the Order of Moderation, members of which should be referred to as Sir, unless they hold a higher title in the peerage. The honorable members of this order are held in the utmost confidence by His Highness, and are charged with enforcing good behavior throughout the Kingdom.

Personally, I can’t even imagine ever achieving the level of confidence required to become a member of the Order of Moderation, let alone controlling my own duchy. But how much would it cost to become an Earl?

Sincerely,

Soon to be Lord IceClone

Actually, if you wanted to do this right, Jeremy would be "Your Majesty." The Global Mods would be "Your Highness." The Order of Moderation would be referred to as "Dukes" and "Duchesses." Donors can get some degree of "Sir" and "Lady." The rest of you can fight over mere peasantry!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Actually, if you wanted to do this right, Jeremy would be "Your Majesty." The Global Mods would be "Your Highness." The Order of Moderation would be referred to as "Dukes" and "Duchesses." Donors can get some degree of "Sir" and "Lady." The rest of you can fight over mere peasantry!
Ah, we see how it goes. Become a moderator, and you no longer remember what it's like to be the little guy. Just another example of the man trying to keep us down.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

Who cares about titles...the avatar of the peasant can be the same size as the avatar of the royalty, and (avatar) size is really all that matters anyway...

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006

Ahh, but I was thinking of two parallel systems, the donation-based peerage on the one hand, and then the Order of Moderation on the other. Of course, a Duke could also be a member of the Order of Moderation, in which case the proper greeting for would be His Grace.

As for myself, this is me being repressed by King Arthur in my avatar, so yes I'm a peasant yearning for a peerage.

Yours humbly,