New DB coach

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
He was just an assistant coach at UNC who was in charge of defensive backs. That is the same job as what he will have here. How is it a move up or down other than school prestige?

He'll more than likely be the Recruiting Director at ISU as well.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
he stole quite a few kids from us while at UNC...he better start making it up.

Tre Boston and Tim Jackson

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Hobbs would have been a great hire and I wish he would join the ISU program in some way.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Hobbs would have been a great hire and I wish he would join the ISU program in some way.

Please explain to me how he would be a great hire for one to become a DB coach and the recruiting coordinator?

Lack of experience coaching and basically no coaching experience in recruiting aspect.

I can see it being a good idea to bring him in down the line, when he actually gets some coaching experience. But saying he'd be a good hire at this moment is laughable, and even the coaching staff agreed.

People just want him because of his name sake.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Please explain to me how he would be a great hire for one to become a DB coach and the recruiting coordinator?

Lack of experience coaching and basically no coaching experience in recruiting aspect.

I can see it being a good idea to bring him in down the line, when he actually gets some coaching experience. But saying he'd be a good hire at this moment is laughable, and even the coaching staff agreed.

This. Hobbs is a favorite son, and that has it's value, but if Douglas is in fact the hire and his duties include the recruiting coordinator position, he is a much, much better choice than Ellis.

HawkHater247

Nov 22, 2011
Great hire, but still would have liked to have Ellis hanging around the coaching staff, the guy is a "clone to the bone"

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008

If you read the end, "I say in some way." I'm referring to lower level position. I think Hobbs would bring a great amount of knowledge to the program and I think he would be a solid recruiter. He could relate to young kids and knows what it takes to make it the next level. Yes, he lacks experience and for that I think he wouldn't be the best hire for this position, but would be a great hire for a lower level position.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He was just an assistant coach at UNC who was in charge of defensive backs. That is the same job as what he will have here. How is it a move up or down other than school prestige?

I meant "no" he doesn't realize it.

Reactions: pyrocyz

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Josh Newberg @joshnewberg247 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
"@gregauman USF reunion at Iowa State, DC Wally Burnham brought in Troy Douglas to coach DBs" They will continue to do well recruiting FL

Greg Auman @gregauman Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@joshnewberg247 No numbers to back it up, but I swear Iowa State offers as many Florida kids as any out-of-state program.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

This. Hobbs is a favorite son, and that has it's value, but if Douglas is in fact the hire and his duties include the recruiting coordinator position, he is a much, much better choice than Ellis.

Signed,

Fred Hoiberg

I do agree that this is a solid hire though

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
Welcome to the pass happy Big XII, Coach Douglas. Your ability to coach up your young charges will be tested in every conference game. But since you knew that already, I'm guessing you have what it takes to be a success at ISU. Welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron