New Commitment! (Adrin Haughton)

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Rubin clone?

Maybe Florida State will go after him again....they have some holes to fill for grades.

Last edited:

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
dont worry about the *s by the name. Trust Chizik, he can take an athlete and make them into a great football player

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
MAybe he saw Tuba was brought in and may be a 1st day draft pick. Once again, nice to see a kid that WON'T need to lose weight.

OK, i saw his size and ASSumed he was a DT, but Rivals has him as a Ol, like Tuba was listed.
Wouldn't CHiz and co. wanna make him a DT and have athletes on the OL for the zone blocking.

Hopefully they dont lock players into positions for 5 years like previous coaches.

Last edited:

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
CR Headline?

Below the article on the front page of CR it says there is a new commitment. Is this just eluding to Haughton? Because it says exactly who committed in free info.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2006
We don't want Mack anymore I don't believe. This guy sounds like he can help us if he makes grades. He'd look good in the middle of the defensive line. Get him up to 350-375.

350-375?!?! That would be one huuugggee boy! But I do agree that it would be nice to see him plugging the holes. The picture of him he looks really athletic and even looks to have ran a sub 5 second 40 which is ridiculous for a guy his size

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Re: CR Headline?

Below the article on the front page of CR it says there is a new commitment. Is this just eluding to Haughton? Because it says exactly who committed in free info.

They do like to **** with non subscribers over there. When i was a member they'd always post fake threads and try to throw people off that were lurning on the confidential board.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I've thought Haughton looked good on paper. Hope he shores up his grades. I would love to get James Brown, another athletic big man.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I've thought Haughton looked good on paper. Hope he shores up his grades. I would love to get James Brown, another athletic big man.

Not worried about the stars by his name....worried about an academic risk.

dont worry about the *s by the name. Trust Chizik, he can take an athlete and make them into a great football player

Stormin.....no doubt that would be an awesome tandem in the middle...i liked both of those guys from the first time i saw them....both big men, and very athletic....someone made a great statement about him being a basketball player and having great feet...well that also means he's agile and mobile and that is a great asset for a DT.....

ISUno1Fan & Clones33: Regarding stars, i know a lot of people throw around he's this many stars or that many stars but as indicated in this case its obviously not just judging the athlete. This kid is an academic risk, but, obviously with Chiz's ties to the area, he got some inside stuff and felt it was worth the risk. Now if it were just about the athlete and WHOS recruiting them, this kid would be a 4-5* player. Look at who was recruiting him before the academics info came about, Florida, Florida St., Georgia and Norte Dame....now those schools don't show interest unless your a stud 3* or above...so the potential is there....

I just say this, get this kid qualified, and let him work a lil bit with Shep and Pelton, and we could be looking at the most dominant DT we've had in a long time if not ever....A 325 pound man that has a vertical of 26 inches is amazing....i would love to see him eating up the Texas and Oklahoma Oline......Smiles from ear to ear!!!!!:smile:

Next two commits that we need to really boost our class IMO:
TerRan Benton and Leonard Johnson

Bonus:
Bo Williams

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Sorry if I'm totally delusional, but I was rather dizzyingly considering Haughton as a guard, another Reggie Stephens, I can't help but remember how much improved the line was when Tibbs moved into the starting slot. And Haughton looks alot like Stephens did at the same stage--albeit without the grades.

I'm fairly satisfied with the future defensive tackle rotation right now, I really liked Jerrod Black a year ago, and think he could be dominant on the nose. Guillory seems a good start for the other tackle, eventually, and I'd be satisfied with either Payne or Brown. The big thing is that these guys get qualified.

Then we can start looking at ends, linebackers, and another db or two. :yes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron