New 125-pounder to start at Virginia Duals

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Any thing is better then giving up 6 points right away. And you never know, a kid that really wants to be here to wrestle is going to work his tail off cause he wants to be here. Love this worked out for both sides.

Reactions: LindenCy

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Love that this kid wants to wrestle but man, he's in for a world of hurt. Hope he sticks it out.

• Dislike
Reactions: psyclone51

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Someone should probably make sure that the kid sees this. It doesn't matter if you are out classed. If you work hard and never give up good things can happen.

He won't have that kind of weight advantage over his opponent at 125.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Someone should probably make sure that the kid sees this. It doesn't matter if you are out classed. If you work hard and never give up good things can happen.

Was this Lou or Ed. Sinjin probably see Ed a lot. Isn't he still associated with the Athletic Dept/Wrestling program at Iowa State?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He won't have that kind of weight advantage over his opponent at 125.
Nope but he won't be wrestling an All American at every single meet either. I'm not saying it is going to happen, I'm just saying that it could happen. Every wrestler is capable of making fatal mistakes. Well, except for Cael, that is.

• Funny
Reactions: buf87

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

Few things on the video...

1. I completely forgot that was the dual where Randy Lewis dislocated his elbow. I was a young kid watching that one "live" on IPTV (pretty sure it was tape delayed) with my brother. I about lost my cookies when they showed Lewis' injury. I went to bed shortly after and so didn't see the Osenbaugh pin. I heard ISU won but didn't see the actual replay until years later when they did a feature on Osenbaugh during another dual.

2. When Dresser talks about getting Hilton back to what it was when he attended duals there as a kid, this is what he's talking about. Packed to the gills and loud as hell. It would be great to get it there.

3. Osenbaugh got the win that will live forever, but Lou Banach was a freakin' stud. He was Kyle Snyder ~40 years ahead of Kyle Snyder. Constant action, technically sound, and stronger than most of the guys he wrestled despite giving up a ton of weight in the days of the Unlimited weight class.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Only other Sinjin I've ever heard of was pretty damn good, hopefully the name is good luck for this this kid.

Passing_AVP.jpg

Reactions: cyclonesurveyor

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Man, that was like an old school professional wrasslin match. Going from nearly turned to his own back to miraculously pulling off the impossible upset. I was waiting for the ISU guy to raise his nearly lifeless arm and shake his finger back and forth "no, no".

Help Support Us

Become a patron