Nebraska’s schedule too difficult for Scott Frost

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This morning, they have a former Husker on the radio, and he made the statement something like, "We cannot be looking up at Purdue." Meaning, as he explained it, we are so much better (overall, as a "program") than stinky old Purdue, it is just not imaginable that we could lose to them.

They just can't hear their own arrogance.

I would bet most ISU fans instead think like this: This year we have a better team than Okie State. But it is a fine line, and it we turn the ball over 3 times we may not win. But overall we are not superior to them and every time we play it will be a dogfight. We are competitive, not superior.

Most Nebraska fans think they are superior to almost all other programs, even after almost 20 years of so-so results. As I have said before, the blatant joy and satisfaction they expressed in 2010 that Iowa State was headed to the Mid American Conference is all you need to know to make you want to despise them. It was horribly disgusting.

And also I feel like if an Okie State fan were to tell me their program is better than ISU, I couldn't disagree as they generally have been better. The difference would be there would actually be a conversation about the programs, highs and lows, great games and players etc.

Nebraska is more along the lines of other arrogant fanbases where there's no way ISU could have players capable of competing with their other worldly talent.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And also I feel like if an Okie State fan were to tell me their program is better than ISU, I couldn't disagree as they generally have been better. The difference would be there would actually be a conversation about the programs, highs and lows, great games and players etc.

Nebraska is more along the lines of other arrogant fanbases where there's no way ISU could have players capable of competing with their other worldly talent.

Setting aside the Tavern Huskers**, dumb as a typical Tavern Hawk, I am a little surprised they suck this bad. Kinda half watching their pillow fight with Purdue. They were playing much better than this at the end of last year. It's like a reserve switch tripped for them for 2019.

** Most of the Huskers I've been exposed to were fans but were all civil engineering graduates and pretty grounded guys with respect to their fandom. Different than some of the plains hillbillies I'd see watching their games at Sensers Sport Bar a decade or two ago. Woof! :rolleyes:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

With a down year or two, referring to past glories can be motivating for a team for a time. But Nebraska hasn't mattered at any point in the memories of the kids playing there now. Making a big fuss over how the program used to be doesn't motivate in that situation at all, and probably comes across as unnecessary pressure on those players.

Reactions: khardbored

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Setting aside the Tavern Huskers**, dumb as a typical Tavern Hawk, I am a little surprised they suck this bad. Kinda half watching their pillow fight with Purdue. They were playing much better than this at the end of last year. It's like a reserve switch tripped for them for 2019.
They have no toughness, no discipline, and it looks like half of the team doesn't even care to be out there. Any program on the rise wouldn't still look like this in year 2. Frost still hasn't instilled any type of winning culture there.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My next door neighbor and good friend while at ISU (and we're still "Facebook friends" to this day) was a big Nebraska fan. Never arrogant about it, didn't rub things in our faces, that was just his team. Let's just say he doesn't talk much Nebraska football anymore - he seems to have become a Cyclone since then.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sker fans need to recalibrate expectations to a slightly lower ceiling than ISU, Iowa and Minn.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Ha. Scott frost is not good.